Lashes, first set

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelardn

Reaction score
These took me 3 hours.
Will I ever get my time down lol x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365632218.981686.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365632218.981686.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 357
Don't stress about your time, I take around 1.5 hours give or take to do a full set and I've been doing them for 3 years. It's the most fiddly thing you'll ever do but persevere and suddenly you'll just get your way of doing it and speed will pick up.

If thats your first set you'll be excellent!

I would say for a first set there good and your time will pick up with practice so don't worry. You may need to fill the outter lashes for a more natural look as it appears from pic there are none there. Good luck chic :). X

Thanks for your feedback. I found the outer corner lashes were all bent and twisted and couldn't get a suitable donor lash. What would you advise? Xx

Maybe you could try a quicker drying glue and see if that helps. You should have been shown or covered it in your training x. Happy to advise if you need it x

This is today's set. Had a bit more confidence doing these ones but still a long way to go xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365706243.086361.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365706243.086361.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 256
Well done, it's nice to hear you are feeling more confident, that's half the battle :)
Again you really need to get lashes on the outer corners as these are quite bare. The more you try the better you will get. But if you keep leaving them off you can't learn how to get better :)
Also you need to start with shorter lashes on the inner eye and graduate out so they get longer as you move across the eye to the outer edge. The inner half of the eye are definitely too long.
But you're doing really well! Keep at it as these issues are very common problems when you start so you WILL get better :) xx

Oh thank you so much. Think I'm a little scared of getting myself confused with using different lengths. I've got another model tomorrow so I'll give it a try with graduating lengths Thanks for the advice it's really appreciated xx :)

Don't be scared, it's really important to get to grips with different lengths.

I'm not sure which sizes you have or if you use loose or strips of lashes?
but, as a basis for your model tomorrow to get use to the lengths... Try using 9mm,11mm &13mm (usually the most common sizes)
When attaching them to your hand put the 9 closest to your fingers, so at the top of the back if your hand.
Then 11mm in the middle,
And 13mm at the bottom. If you always keep them in size order from top to bottom you'll never get muddled with what size you use.

Next, try using 9mm on the inner 3rd of the eye, 11mm on the middle, then 13mm on the outer.
Work from side to side, so one 9mm lash on left. One 9mm on right, one 11mm on left, one 11 on right, one 13mm on left, one 13mm on right then back to 9mm on left, 9mm on right...and so on...
This way you always know how far you've got and both eyes will be even.

Now this arrangement of sizes does not work for everyone and 13mm can be too long for some people. And you will find that on the very outer lashes you might want you use a size smaller to stop them looking spidery, being too heavy, pointing in wrong direction or hanging down... But it is a really good arrangement for while you are practising and getting confident.

I use around 6 different sizes/thickness or curl per client sometimes but you will learn differences as you progress and learn which works best and what suits each client.

But for now just stick to getting confident. Learning to use different lengths. Getting lashes on those outer corners.
It will get easier :) xx

Thanks for all your advice I will definitely take all your advice and give it a try. I have both strip and loose lashes so will see how I get on tomorrow xx

Today's set.
What do you think? :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365788848.139294.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365788848.139294.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 210
Tonnes better, well done!! :)
Just gotta keep practising now. You're improving really quickly!
Just gotta keep all the things you're learning together now, really try hard to keep the lashes nice and straight.
Fab job hon :)
How did you find them today? X

Found it a bit tricky but was impressed with myself :)
Finding it a bit easier with the tweezers. It's so hard to get the coordination but its getting there.
Can't thank you enough for your advice.
Got 2 more sets booked for next week so hopefully they will just come naturally xx

How fantastic to see a geek ask for help and to get such great advice, and to see such an improvement already. Lashing is just so hard, but I have learnt so much reading these great threads! Thanks guys x

Wow your lashes are amazing :) I'd be thrilled with these (as a client and a therapist) how much are you charging? Well done!!! Xxx

Aw thank you so much.
I'm charging £20 and including their first maintenance appt in this.
Once I feel more confident I will gradually increase to full price xx

God I wish you lived near me! :) xx

By the way what are you classing as full price? Xx

I'm going to be charging £40 ish for a full set x

Well if you can hun, charge more :) deffo think you'll get it xxx

Latest posts

Back