Lashes Sticking together!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolci_Dolittle

Reaction score
Hi guys

I briefly done flare eyelash extensions in my first year of college and had quite a few of my clients asking if i do them so have started doing so.

I've only done a few sets so far and my confidence is going down each time i do them as the glue keeps sticking to the bottom lashes and then the client cant open her eyes!

Any tips on how to stop this from happening? Got a client in on saturday for lashes and i'm freaking out!!! :eek:

Thanks
Lauren x

hi lauren i went on a training course for hollywood lashes and before applying the lashes you put vaseline on the clients lower lashes and use micropore tape over the top almost in a v shape to hold the lower lashed down into place . Hope thats a bit of help to you x :hug:

do you mean the temp lashes? I do semi perm and I tape the lower lashes with micro-pore tape (I de-tack it first) and then put an anti-wrinkle gel patch over. I do sometimes find that some of the lashes applied stick to the gel patch but I ensure I unstick before they open their eyes (they come away from the patch very easily with no discomfort to the client.
HTH, good luck xx:)

Do you not use pads or micropore tape? You should always use one of these!
That way if any lashes are sticking its going to stick to the pad and not the lower lashes, therefor not as uncomfortable for the client and also easier to fix!
Use micropore tape to save on money! But I prefer to use the pads, only works out at about £1 per client!

Thanks for your help.

We were never told to tape the lashes down or anything at college!!! :mad:

Will be getting some micropore and pads first thing saturday morning now :)

x

if it is just the cluster lashes you are using, the ones that last a weekend or maybe a bit longer, why not cut the lower lash shape out of cotton pads, dampen them and place these over the lower lashes?? If it is the cluster lashes you are using it is normaly around £10-15 for application in my area, this would help keep the cost of the treatment down, it normaly only takes about 10 mins to apply them, or the shaped pads that are used sometimes for lash tiniting can be used as well, with a tiny bit vaseline to help hold in place?? hth x

Hi everyone,

Sorry im not sure how to post new questions so iv added on to the end of this post.....

Help! clients natural lashes point inwards....alot!! did her lashes last night and she has called saying a couple have twisted. Is there anyway to correct her natural inward facing lash?!

Thankyou millions!!

Emma

Hi Emma,

I think the only solution to this is to perm the natural lashes first. Otherwise, the extension will only follow the direction of the natural lash.

Putting an extension on that's too long will only emphasise it so may be better to stick to slightly shorter lengths here. I know everyone seems to want longer lashes, but you'll be amazed at how good it looks to build up volume by using slightly shorter lashes too as the really helps to "bulk up" and darken the natural lash line.

Last edited:
Flare lashes are otherwise called cluster lashes and are a temporary (up to 2 weeks) treatment and should not be confused with individual eyelash extensions.

Flare lashes are placed with the client's eye's either closed or half open and I would suggest half open as the glue used for these lashes are not as strong because they shouldn't stay in for ages!

If the glue is bonding with the bottom lashes I would think you are using too much glue. Perhaps also you should try and place the clusters/flares on top on the lashes to start with before you try to place them within the natural lashes?

HTH
Francesca

Hi guys

I briefly done flare eyelash extensions in my first year of college and had quite a few of my clients asking if i do them so have started doing so.

I've only done a few sets so far and my confidence is going down each time i do them as the glue keeps sticking to the bottom lashes and then the client cant open her eyes!

Any tips on how to stop this from happening? Got a client in on saturday for lashes and i'm freaking out!!! :eek:

Thanks
Lauren x

Flare lashes are otherwise called cluster lashes and are a temporary (up to 2 weeks) treatment and should not be confused with individual eyelash extensions.
Francesca

This irritates me as I see alot of salons advertising cluster lashes as lash extensions for cheaper which makes the actual individual extensions look really expensive! Alot of clients dont seem to know the difference!

I have just started offering eye lash extensions, when I tell the customer the price, they looked shocked. I have to really educate people, because they think that they are the cluster lashes. It is a shame because once they have had the Individual ones one, they would realise how lovely they do look, and can understand then, why they are more expensive. xx

Lauren - this happened to me the first time I practised the flared lashes - you are probably using too much glue. You only need the tiniest amount on the bulb part only of the flare. Can you have a practice before your client on a friend just to try this out and gain your confidence back?

Good luch with your client hun x

I've managed 2 perfect it now - got the gel pads.

I dont advertise the cluster lashes as lash extensions - i have them on my pricelist as party lashes and state they only last up to 2 weeks.

x

Latest posts

Back