Lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sher16

Reaction score
Hi all

Wondered if I could ask some fellow lash experts their advice.

Obviously pricing depends on your area, but do you charge more depending on how often clients come for top ups? I.e. if someone comes every week charge them less than someone who comes every 2 weeks?

The reason I ask, I had a bit of a rubbish situation last week; I had a girl due at 5pm for a full set and my next lady wasnt in til 7pm so had 2 hours. I normally take 1hr15-1hr 30 to do a full set of Semi perm lashes. She rang me at 5 to say she was running late she had a big drama (I wont go into detail) but basically she was on the road, I said fine (obviously being self employed I didnt want to turn away business she was a new client and I had 2 hrs before my next appt). She said she'd be there soon. I rang her at 530 to ask where she was, was everything OK etc etc...she said she had taken a wrong turning. Anyway, eventually she turned up at 615pm. I told her that I would have to stop at 7pm due to my next appt but that I would work through best I could and apply as many as poss as didnt want to turn her away, she also begged as she had come from far and needed them for the weekend she said. I managed to do a really good job IMHO, obviously they were not as perfect as I'd have liked but given the fact I did them in 45mins she had almost a fulls set and given when she turned up she had a full face of make up, eyeliner, tonnes of mascara etc so half the battle was getting that off first. I ask all eyelash apts to come with no make up at all so was a little annoyed but that happens so i didn't think more of it.

I told her that as I'd had to work so quickly to get off the make up etc it would affect the time I had to apply etc so I'd recommend she should come back within a week for a top up as obviously I had missed a few lashes due to time constraints.

She was lovely, apologised loads. After she left and later after I was done for the day I mentioned to my fella that I felt disheartened/anxious I was scared I hadnt done as good a job as normal, I'd still charged her the same as she hadnt given any notice of being late etc and I said to him I felt bad for it, not sure why but I did. He told me that it was her fault and to kind of forget about it as I did what I could in the time and other places would have potentially have turned her away so basically to "man up!" which I agree, I'm just a bit of a worrier like that!!!

She has mailed me today saying lots have come out esp on corner of one eye - which is totally normal, I've been doing these long enough to know some people care for them more than others etc. She said she sleeps on that side so thats porbably to blame. She is asking if I can fit her in before her appt which is later this week - I am fully booked this wk so have had to say no and explain i'm full but said if I get a slot/cancellation I'll let her know and she has replied to say no problem. However, she has also added "as I cant fit her in, and they look silly, if she removes them all can I do a new set on fri as she will need it and she isnt paying for a new set, can she just pay the top up pricing??" Pretty much implying I rushed them so maybe they have fallen out because of that and as I cant "fix" them before her other appt i am liable to fix them for the cost of only an infill?

I am probably being too nice even considering this, but cant help think where do you draw the line. She turned up late, I did my best, but if all her lashes are out in a week I cant spend 90mins doing a new set for less than half the price of a full set and pass it off as infills....surely that isnt the "done" thing either? Or because I had to rush them should I be absorbing the cost as a one-off??

The reason I ask is that I know a girl who does lashes and aslong as her clients come back within a certain period regardless of how many they need they just pay the same set top up price.

The lady who does mine does similar although she books them in for 30mins and gets through what she can in that 30mins- if they arent filled by end of that time they either pay more, or thats them until the next top up apt. Perhaps I should implement a price per 30mins option for lash top ups, rather than week by week pricing?

It would be interesting to hear other views on this, what your policies are, what you charge (not numbers but more HOW you charge)?

Thanks in advance...

:irked:

Dont b so worried and nice!!!
She has obviously spotted what she's sees as a weakness in that, you bent over backwards to help her her out when she clearly has no time management. She is absolutely trying to take the p**s here.
You need to be firm and say you explained the situation to her, you bent over backwards to still give her lashes for the weekend. If aftercare is followed correctly then lashes won't all fall out, however the fact that she has experienced some lash loss isn't your fault. And has nothing to do with your application. And that you can give her an infill however she has to pay for the service and time. Stick up for yourself Hun, it's not your fault. You know it.
Make it clear to her xxxx

I get lash perfect lashes done, have been getting them done for about a year and I get charged the same for top up no matter how long I leave them, I usually get them topped up once a month but sometimes I have had them done two weeks later or five weeks later and it's the same price. Xxx

You know the answer to this question and are just looking for a bit of reassurance I think! Be re-assured. You are right. xx

You have booked out 2 hours of your time for this client. The fact she only got 45 mins is absolutely no fault of yours!

Would she spend 2 hours at her place of work and only want paid for 45 mins.

As for her next appointement. My advice is always the same about infills.

CHARGE BY TIME (Yes, I'm shouting) LOL

I charge by time and clients tell me how long the want to book. This very quickly weeds out the cheapskates who want an almost full set for the price of an infill.

If you do this you will be paid accordingly for every appointment you do and will save any awkwardness with clients like her.

I allow 5 mins max for prep and cleaning lashes then start my infill time after that. However, if they come with loads of make up and mascara on, it comes out of their infill time.

Am I strict? Yes.
Do I have lots of regulars who respect me and look after their lashes. Absolutely! xxx

forgot to say, How can she remove them herself?? If she tries this and ends up with broken and pulled out lashes she'll probably blame you for that as well. Make sure she knows you will not be responsible for any damage if she decides to do this . Good luck

You know the answer to this question and are just looking for a bit of reassurance I think! Be re-assured. You are right. xx

You have booked out 2 hours of your time for this client. The fact she only got 45 mins is absolutely no fault of yours!

Would she spend 2 hours at her place of work and only want paid for 45 mins.

As for her next appointement. My advice is always the same about infills.

CHARGE BY TIME (Yes, I'm shouting) LOL

I charge by time and clients tell me how long the want to book. This very quickly weeds out the cheapskates who want an almost full set for the price of an infill.

If you do this you will be paid accordingly for every appointment you do and will save any awkwardness with clients like her.

I allow 5 mins max for prep and cleaning lashes then start my infill time after that. However, if they come with loads of make up and mascara on, it comes out of their infill time.

Am I strict? Yes.
Do I have lots of regulars who respect me and look after their lashes. Absolutely! xxx

forgot to say, How can she remove them herself?? If she tries this and ends up with broken and pulled out lashes she'll probably blame you for that as well. Make sure she knows you will not be responsible for any damage if she decides to do this . Good luck

You are totally right - :-(! Embarrassed. I just felt funny as I knew when she left alst week that she may not have been 110% happy but i know if she had stuckto her actual appt time she would havebeen- I told her how long it takes etc so made sure she knew she would just get as many as i could get in given time frame.

My friend also mentioned to me (she knows this lady) that i should prob do as a gesture of goodwill for free. You can imagine the snort of laughter i gave at that.

Ive amended my prices online to reflect £x amount per 30mins of infills. If they want 30mins this will be up to them, as you say they will respect you more. I get mine done as a swap i do someones and she does mine so i never have to pay but if i did i would never expect a whole new set after 4-5wks. If i had none left, thats a whole new set again?

Thank u all who have replied giving me the reassurance I was after. I have got over myself and had a word- I suppose I was just having one of those days! ! !

Emma xx

Whoops - also meant to say I replied to her saying i wouldnt recommend removal yourself as I use special gel remover to break down the glue. She said if she uses eye make up remover like i said not to will that not work and i have told her she will cause some damage i.e pull out natural lashes etc. I have confirmed to her it will be so much per 30mins and to ensure no make up on. If she has none left i will charge her for a new full set of lashes, shes replied saying no probs at allshe just wasnt sure but okay fair enough!

X

I get lash perfect lashes done, have been getting them done for about a year and I get charged the same for top up no matter how long I leave them, I usually get them topped up once a month but sometimes I have had them done two weeks later or five weeks later and it's the same price. Xxx

Thanks hun

Im aware of some salons that do this but for example if somewhere charges £20 for infill and £60 for full set; client comes in with 1 or 2 lashes left on eye, therapist spends 75min replenishing- thats not enough to cover product and time....

I think as such i really need to charge per 30mins- rather than set pricing...as some people need topped up weekly an you could spend an hour every week doing so. Some need 20ish mins as havent lost many at all. Suppose its fairer on both parties that way....

Latest posts

Back