Lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucymayclegg

Reaction score
What are the best lashes put there? Quality, duration for staying on etc. I have a full Hollywood lashes kit but I have not done the training yet can anyone recommend any?

i use hollywood lashes and havent had any complaints. i couldnt say whether they are better than others as they are all ive used but they always look good and last and have never felt the need to try any others. sorry cant be more helpful. good luck with the training xx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

I've heard they are great and I have the kit too! How different is the training from the others do you think? (even though you havent done the orhers lol) If its the same concept could I do a cheaper (not too cheap) training? Or would you say it's best to do the Hollywood training?

i would have thought that they all used the same type of method to apply them, i cant really see any other way. i would have thought it would be the same principles just different brands. if you can save money by training elsewhere its worth a go, you have your kit already. im sure you will do great wherever. go for it girl!!!!! xxxx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

Hi there

I would suggest that if you have already got the kit, you should take training with that provider. The main reason being that whilst lash products are similiar they are not all the same. There is a myriad of different qualities out there and depending on the product will depend on the best technique used.

For example, I give training specific to using the bonding adhesive I recommend. Whilst the technique used can be used with other bonding adhesives, the technique might not be the best option for other adhesives due to consistency and drying time.

Hope that helps!

Francesca

I agree that you are better off training with the kit provider. Techniques vary greatly between companies and each company has developed one to work best with their products. Another factor is your educator - even from one company educators can teach differently - make sure you have seen their work before subscribing to a course. You want someone to be able to give you the best practical skills possible :hug:

Okay :) thanks so much for all of your advice girls :) helped a lot! X

Hi I have used 3-4 brands before training with novalash, best thing I did ;-) great lashes & glue & long lasting there are only Afew of my clients that come back before 4weeks, and this is because they like a very full look ;-) hope this helps.

Hi again,
I just didnt want to say i thought hollywood lashes training was the best as it is all i know so couldnt possibly say, however i have been reading on another thread that someone had done training with another company and they seemed to have missed alot of important points out.

Never had any probs with hollywood lashes so am sure you will benefit from training with them and get good product knowledge of whats in your kit xx

The technique of lash application in hollywood lashes is different from the one i trained.

With hollywood lashes, they train you to apply 5 lashes to one eye, then you move on to the other.

You start from the longest length, apply one lash in the middle, leave a gap, apply the other one on left side of the eye, then move on to the right side, then you apply same longest lashes at either end of the eye - repeat the process on the other eye.

You repeat the process until you have filled both eyes in.

Ive tried this technique and found it a bit too fiddly and confusing actually (i am not slagging the lashes off or anything, its just my personal opinion).

The way i trained was that i apply one lash to each eye at a time and keep switching from one eye to the other allowing some drying time before applying the next lash beside the already applied extension. I find this much easier and quicker :)

Jurate xx

The technique of lash application in hollywood lashes is different from the one i trained.

With hollywood lashes, they train you to apply 5 lashes to one eye, then you move on to the other.

You start from the longest length, apply one lash in the middle, leave a gap, apply the other one on left side of the eye, then move on to the right side, then you apply same longest lashes at either end of the eye - repeat the process on the other eye.

Ive tried this technique and found it a bit too fiddly and confusing actually (i am not slagging the lashes off or anything, its just my personal opinion).

The way i trained was that i apply one lash to each eye at a time and keep switching from one eye to the other allowing some drying time before applying the next lash beside the already applied extension. I find this much easier and quicker :)

Jurate xx

I was shown to do it the same way as you Jurate at Hollywood lashes in Newark. I also find this a better way xxx

Jurate xx

Just wanted to add that it could be that every trainer trains in different ways, so techniques could wary.

My colleague trained with hollywood and i did with blink lashes at my college around the same time.

To be honest, she has converted to my ways of work, she stopped using hollywood lashes as well and uses the same brand now as i do. However, it could be that it wasnt the lashes that were at fault there, but hers werent lasting on me at all :)

Jurate xx

I was shown to do it the same way as you Jurate at Hollywood lashes in Newark. I also find this a better way xxx

Oooh was just typing at the same time as you were! :) i posted the reply to clarify my statement that it could be down to the trainer, not the brand :)

Jurate xx

Oooh was just typing at the same time as you were! :) i posted the reply to clarify my statement that it could be down to the trainer, not the brand :)

Jurate xx
Haha I knew what you meant!!! It was a very chilled course.....i had the trainer to myself so maybe she had more time, definately like the look of what you are using though as i said in the other thread:biggrin: xx

Haha I knew what you meant!!! It was a very chilled course.....i had the trainer to myself so maybe she had more time, definately like the look of what you are using though as i said in the other thread:biggrin: xx

:)

Jurate xx

Latest posts

Back