Last Chance To Strut Your Stuff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
I thought i'd just mention to you all that the deadline for entries to the strut your stuff online nail competition is fast approaching.

it closes at midnight u.s time so thats 6 am in the u.k.

there are some great prizes and the organiser debbie doerlamm does a lot of work to run the contest. if you can, please show your support by entering.
with the dollar exchange rate being so favourable to the u.k, it will only cost a few pounds to enter and the very least you will get is a certificate of entry and an expert analysis of your enhancements or nailart by some of the top industry judges. who knows, you might just win a prize :green:

I did do an entry but it didn't turn out the way I hoped and I got cross and have to leave it this year.
I don't honestly think I can do the other idea before the deadline..I'm annoyed with myself over this..did a great design(IMHO) but thought I would cap it in clear...lost all definition and the will to live with it..... momentarily of course.
You live and learn eh?
It's still a sore subject for me atm x

The entries are on line some fab nails there:)

wow, the standard this year is awesome!

to be honest my heart sank when i saw what i was up against:lol:

i made a complete balls up of my enhancement entry, and the photos for the nail art one are a real let down. the nails looked much better in the flesh.

still, its another certificatefor the wall:green:

even if you didnt enter, go check out the wonderful work on BeautyTech Beauty Professionals Networking on the Net- for the Nail Tech, Salon and Day Spa Owner, Cosmetologist, Esthetician strut your stuff.

Off to have a look now!

Wow glad im not having to pick a winner from that lot!

I did an entry a few weeks ago when i had a lot of time on my hands but didnt end up entering cos the more i looked at the pics the more i didnt like them and id already removed them so couldnt take more pics.

kinda know what to expect now so bring on next year :green:

*off 2 start entry now*

Know what you mean!
I've entered for Enhancement Jr. :eek:
Thought I might aswell give it a bash!
I took the pics and sent them in that night - before I could change my mind!:lol:
Well, it's an experience isn't it.... Didn't want to back out and regret it. I know I would have sat there picking faults etc, until I deleted them!

I've spent the last week feeling like I sent in the wrong presentation shot.... Now that I've seen the others (and mine) online, I really think I should have sent in a different one.
Nevermind.

Know what you mean!
I've entered for Enhancement Jr. :eek:
Thought I might aswell give it a bash!
I took the pics and sent them in that night - before I could change my mind!:lol:
Well, it's an experience isn't it.... Didn't want to back out and regret it. I know I would have sat there picking faults etc, until I deleted them!

I've spent the last week feeling like I sent in the wrong presentation shot.... Now that I've seen the others (and mine) online, I really think I should have sent in a different one.
Nevermind.

to be honest, for the few quid it costs us, it is soooo worth it because you'll get back a detailed judging sheet that shows you where you scored well and where you could pick up some more points. that will help with next years entry and also any other competitions you might consider as well as the general all round standard of you work.

mine is in!
after i hit the send button, my worries were gone...until i saw what i'm up against!
my worries are mostly gone, all it cost me was $15 and forced me to paint (poor me!).
onto more things to worry about now!
great job to everyone!
good luck!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

I forgot ( :irked: b*gger) - I entered last year and was so proud of myself for doing it. Forgot to set a reminder for this year and with the kids off school last week I just ran out of time......

Off to look at the entries now and wish I'd got my act together.......

Good luck to all that have entered :hug:

mine is in!
after i hit the send button, my worries were gone...until i saw what i'm up against!
my worries are mostly gone, all it cost me was $15 and forced me to paint (poor me!).
onto more things to worry about now!
great job to everyone!
good luck!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

the standard is amazingly high this year isnt it, i think word of the competition has got round a bit more this year and brought in more experienced techs.

good luck with your entry :hug:

i didn't even know about this i must have missed it when does its have to be done by xx

i didn't even know about this i must have missed it when does its have to be done by xx

Yesterday babe! I meant to enter, but time constraints meant I didn't :irked:

about 12 hours ago darlin:lol:

anyway, you'd wipe the floor with us, so its just as well [for me] that you missed it:lol:

about 12 hours ago darlin:lol:

anyway, you'd wipe the floor with us, so its just as well [for me that you missed it:lol:

Lol - I'll second that!!
Roll on the 18th. I can't wait to get some feedback!

Can we talk about who did which entry?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you do, you will be disqualified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Damn it!!!!!

sneaky :evil: slipped that one past me!!!lol

Good luck to all of you who entered xx:hug:xx

Latest posts

Back