late cancellations - arraghhh!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PenelopePitstop

Reaction score
talk about late cancellations!!

just recieved a text from a lady that i was supposed to see at 4.30pm today!

"meant to email you but haven't had chance, i am in spain, bought a ticket last week dyin to see my man, be back next week"

Great one!! why do people treat you like this when your mobile, they wouldn't do it to a salon!!

Clients priorities are very different to ours!
If you were a salon, she may not have turned up at all??? But still it is very short notice, not really fair is it... It is even more annoying when you are going through a 'dry' spell and that is your only client for the day!

funkyfingers10 said:
talk about late cancellations!!

just recieved a text from a lady that i was supposed to see at 4.30pm today!

"meant to email you but haven't had chance, i am in spain, bought a ticket last week dyin to see my man, be back next week"

Great one!! why do people treat you like this when your mobile, they wouldn't do it to a salon!!

I'd charge her! She knew BEFORE flying she was going to miss the appointment so there is no excuse for her letting you know this late. Sorry but thats just taking the ****.

J xx

This does happen when you are in a salon. This is my pet hate it is rude and inconsiderate and I bet those people that do it would be the first to complain if they could not get an appointment due to people not letting you know they have changed their plans. I have had to introduce a cancellation policy (50% deposit next time if they don't give 24 hrs notice - ok if you can enforce it) because of this. ooohhh i hate them they really get me mad!!!

calm down calm down

And another thing - you get them when they have an appointment for waxing and something else and they say they had to shave coz they were going out - DER!!! god they make me cross

AND you get clients that forget or make up stupid excuses - the best was a lady told me she could not have come in for her appointment yesterday because she had to wait in for the police because she was robbed and they had taken all her money - I was shocked and very sympathetic I told her not to worry she then asked for an immediate appointment as she was desparate coz she was going out on hot date - didn't take her long to recover then???!!!!

AND you get all those other wonderful ladies (and gents) that treat you with the respect you deserve and they are the ones that should receive your valuable time and efforts - don't wast it on time wasters.

love Jo x

I have to travel for 30mins to get into the salon that I do nails at. This morning I got there for my 10 O'clock appt only to find that the lady had left a message to say she couldn't make it. She phoned at 9.45!! I was pretty narked to say the least but it wasn't a wasted journey as I had the salon owner's nails to do....or so I thought. After telling me that the woman had cancelled she said, 'oh, I dont think I really want mine done today afterall'. That took the cake!! I'm not so worried about the client cancelling, afterall, things come up, but the salon owner expects me to do her nails at the drop of a hat and then trashes them and wont pay for fills but just takes them off herself and then gets me to put on another set. It makes me soooo mad!!

Ok, rant over - and RELAX!

Looby

Well I thought my rant was over!!!!! The salon owner just texted me to 'come in tonight at 6 and do my nails afterall, just got a date!'

....grrrrrrrr..:evil: ....fume....

I told her to stick it!! (In the nicest possible way!!)

Gonna have a beer...

:cool: Looby
"Don't go MAD, go MENTHOL"

i would of told her exactly the same thing!!

what did she say?

x

Hey - look on the bright side. At least she let you know!! I do nails from a gym and have had several times when people just havnt bothered to show!

PEOPLE ARE JUST SOOOOOOOOOO RUDE!! We have started phoning non-regulars (ie new and newbie clients) 24 hours before (bit like the dentists do) and it works a treat - you either get "don't want the app now" or "great, I had forgotten so glad you reminded me". So you start the day knowing who is and isn't coming in. Well worth the cost of a phone call and stops me turning away so much business. I so want to implement a canc. fee but can't bring myself to do it.

Also some people don't turn up for very good reasons - see my recent thread - confessional of a ranter - we've all been there hun!

Latest posts

Back