Late client & working from home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobynRobyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just after a bit of advice along with a little rant at the same time :rolleyes:
I work from my home address and tonight had a no show/could be late client for a patch test. She emailed me yesterday to change her original appointment from tomorrow to today at 5pm. It’s now 5:30 and assuming she isn’t coming but now I’m going to sit and worry that she will just randomly turn up later on.
What would you guys do if she now turns up? I’m mainly thinking she will still arrive as she has paid a deposit for her treatment. I don’t have any more clients tonight so I’m not worried about that. This has never happened to me before so really don’t know how best to deal with this ☹

Stop stressing and start your Friday evening. Put your dressing gown and a towel by the door. If anyone turns up, grab a wine glass and splash something in it, wrap the towel round your head and stick your dressing gown on. Answer the door with the glass in your hand. If it’s her, try and look naked under the dressing gown. You get the idea. It’s up to you whether you then patch test her, or turn her away for another day. 😉

I would not stress it. If she does turn up just tell her you can reschedule as you are now closed for the day. If you let it go and go along with her being late she will carry on doing it in the future. Some people think that just because they are coming to your home timekeeping is not important when actually it is probably more so. x

I would not answer the door if she does turn up.
Perhaps you could put up a sign saying 'sorry we are closed' with hours of business just to get your point across.
Also perhaps put at the bottom 'please contact me at xxx and I will reply during business hours'.
Even if she keeps knocking .... ignore.
This might sound harsh but clients will push the limits and if you let them get away with it they usually become one of 'those clients.

I would not stress it. If she does turn up just tell her you can reschedule as you are now closed for the day. If you let it go and go along with her being late she will carry on doing it in the future. Some people think that just because they are coming to your home timekeeping is not important when actually it is probably more so. x
I agree set the standard and stick to your guns! It is still a business regardless of the location.

I have worked from home for the last 15 years and love it. It can be tough at first to separate business from home life and this is why you have a door on your treatment room. Stick to your hours. Even though you work from home. You close the door on your treatment room and walk away. Start as you mean to go on. If she turns up just say sorry I'm finished work, you'll have to contact me to reschedule. Don't even reschedule there and then. You are not at work, you're at home on your time!! Sometimes to get respect, you have to first respect yourself and your time, you have to be hard on clients with regards to this, especially working from home. If someone texts me at 9 pm, I tell them I will check my diary tomorrow and get back to them. They can't expect you to have access to your diary 24/7. You're not open 24/7. Know your worth and don't let clients vampirize your time!! Try and get to know the difference between genuine people and those who will just take the P**H out of you! Hope this helps xx

I work from home and there is no way I would open the door after hours. And if someone's late / no-shows it's a charge. If you had a high street salon she wouldn't expect you to be there out of hours, and working from home is no different. She missed her appointment and that's that. Definitely don't stress about it :)

Latest posts

Back