Late to the game with stamping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhaylzxx

Reaction score
So Ive never been much into nail art but I have started to have afew requests. I have had a go at it but free hand just isn’t my thing. And I think the example my client showed me was actually done with stamping. I’m looking it getting a lot or afew stamping plates, polished and stamp but not sure what to go for.

What plates/polishes/stamps are your favourites any guidance is appreciated. Xx

I like born pretty stamping plates and polishes. My favorite would be wildflowers stamping plates and stamping gel

So Ive never been much into nail art but I have started to have afew requests. I have had a go at it but free hand just isn’t my thing. And I think the example my client showed me was actually done with stamping. I’m looking it getting a lot or afew stamping plates, polished and stamp but not sure what to go for.

What plates/polishes/stamps are your favourites any guidance is appreciated. Xx

Yours Halo stamper, Yours stamping plates and CND Vinylux all work well for me.

Moyou London has a very nice variety. They offer colors that transfer well and their plates are etched properly unlike other brands that don’t transfer well. I’ve tried quite a few and Moyou has been the easiest for me. Just make sure to use a sticky lint remover roll instead of polish remover on your stamper, otherwise it will get cloudy and won’t transfer well.

If you just want to experiment then go for Born Pretty plates. I get good results with these just the same as Moyou and other more expensive brands.
The most critical thing is the type of nail polish you use. It needs to have a decent thickness to it’s consistency and be dense in colour saturation. Twinkled T do a few that are a dream to use. Worst thing is trying to get the hang of it with a polish that’s no good, seriously frustrating! [emoji1]

Moyou London and Clear Jelly Stamper are my fav.

I love Bornpretty plates - I find the bigger plates work particularly well, whereas some of the smaller round ones are a hit and a miss. For stamping polish, I have quite a few from Moyra that are awesome, and the newer version of Bornpretty also work perfectly (the ones in the newer packaging).
I was quite disappointed with Moyou stamping polishes, since the dry out so fast. Their stampers were a nightmare as well. Their plates are good, however quite pricey, since you can get the same quality for way less.
I used to have some Mundo de Unas stamping polishes, which were a dream to stamp with, however, they are no longer available in EU due to regulations.

Good luck with your stamping x

Latest posts

Back