Laughed at for saying "I'm working towards my Master's"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a lady come into the salon yesterday who was so rude, couldn't understand that we were fully booked for the day and weren't prepared to drop everything to do her NOW. She was so rude and had no respect for either us or our clients that had booked. Even if we had a space we wouldn't have wanted her sat in our chair for over 2 hours looking down her snooty nose at us. Yes respect is a two way thing, and we had none for her.

There is a connotation that what we do is for the pea brained, but heck they can think what they like, I know different. Not many people can say they love their job as much as I do, and I call that smart!

Those clients are my favourites.... I simply tell them "most salons that have spaces to do walk ins, have that space because they are not very popular, feel free to take my card and give me some notice in the future", I also tell them there is a nailbar up the road that may be able to fit them in, but I am by no means recommending them (do so at your own risk).
MOst of them call back, I relish being the local "nail nazi".

Those clients are my favourites.... I simply tell them "most salons that have spaces to do walk ins, have that space because they are not very popular, feel free to take my card and give me some notice in the future", I also tell them there is a nailbar up the road that may be able to fit them in, but I am by no means recommending them (do so at your own risk).
MOst of them call back, I relish being the local "nail nazi".

Lol I'd love to, only she spoke no English and my Spanish is crap!!! Mind you i think my colleague pretty much gave her the Nailzoo treatment, she takes no prisoners:lol:!

This work is so fulfilling,rewarding,inspiring,instills confidence in clients,can transform peoples lives from something simple from a file and polish,to a set of intricate nail art...and you as a professional Victoria are doing something you love.

How many other people can say that about thier work....

Just follow your goals...you ultimately are going to benefit and reap from this...can the other girl say that about her life...maybe not:)

:hug::hug::hug:

What a perfect response to your thread Victoria:)
People should respect all others choices:!:
xxxxx:hug:xxxxxx

Thanks again everyone!

From each post, I was able to "take" something, so I can't respond to them all or rep you all cause the system gets nasty with me and tells me to share the luv blah blah LOL
But there is MUCH wisdom to be found here, for sure, and I greatly appreciate it:!:

I do take pride. And while I know that I still have MUCH to learn (o gosh, VERY much), I know I'm also on the right track. I have faith in myself and enough confidence to reach my goals.
I personally feel that I have fallen into the right career for me. That I do have an instinct (while it may be a raw one) for nails and nail art. One day... I'll get to where many of you are and where I want to be. Seeing so many talented people on one site is certainly inspiring.
Even my hubby, who many days clearly DOESN'T understand.. he even is starting to respect what goes into it, and occasionally says "how do you do it all?". He went from unsupportive to 500000% supportive and encourages me every step.

Like I said, pms does funny things to your mind :lol: and makes mountains out of molehills.

I LOVE the term "nail nazi" btw, and am probably turning into one :lol:

Ok, I'm rambling here and completely lost my train of thought (umm time to retouch my roots, the blonde is showing HAHA)
Ah right,:idea:

While my own mother couldn't give a rat's-butt that I was recently published, and that I'm doing so well...
I DO have friends that respect me and appreciate what I've achieved and understand my goals.

For that, I'm THANKFUL!!!
:hug:

Latest posts

Back