Laurens Way Rapid Tan hasn't developed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.e.brown

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Purchased the whole collection of Laurens Way from the beauty show last week, and all my clients have been really happy about it and had new bookings to try it out as no one in my area does it.

As you can imagine I was super excited to try it out because of all the positive hype I have received. Anyway, a new lady booked in for the rapid tan as didn't want to sleep in the guide colour. I advised her what Laurens Way advised me, that if just wanting a light 8% wash off after 1 hour a medium 12% 2 hours and 16% 3/4 hours no longer. She wanted light to medium as didn't want to look too dark.

During the treatment everything went fine, the tan came on lovely and she was really happy, sold her a tan enhancer to keep it looking nice and to help it to fade nice and smooth etc and she left very happy.

Fast forward 4 hours, I give her a quick message to see if she'd washed it off and how it was, she messaged back saying she washed off after 2 and a half hours, and it doesn't look like she's had a tan :/

I'm stumped, messaged back asking if she had any products on before etc, she replied no she'd followed my prep etc ... I offered for her to come back that evening for a re-spray of a different solution, she didn't want that as she had work the next day and didn't want to shower off in the morning, so she was rebooked in today for the respray, message her last night to confirm and she said she's gonna give it a miss as she's scared having another spray tan will make her go too dark?? and she'll rebook for her free respray in a few weeks?!!!

I'm really confused, she hasn't asked for a refund but the way she is being is confusing me, if it was me I would want the respray asap if the first tan I paid for hadn't took!

ps ... I asked for a pic and she did look like she hadn't had a tan, but how do I know it was taken after the tan??

Another thing got clients booked in tomorrow for the Laurens Way Rapid tan and don't know what to do, as they definetly want that tan as going out tomorrow night and I don't know if the first woman is telling me the truth or it is actually a dodgy batch ... arghhh what shall I do? Helppp! xxx

Fast/Rapid tans don't give the client their full tanned colour at wash off.

The fast part of these tans is how quickly you wash them off NOT how quickly you get your colour. The tan will develop over the 24 hours from being sprayed.

So for example with my fast tan (LA Fast) if I wash off after 2 hours I will get a nice 8% tan BUT at wash off I have NO tan and look the same as before spraying, after 5/6 hours I have a little bit of colour starting to show, after 12 hours I have a nice colour and then it deepens ove rthe next 12 hours to give me my full tan by 24 hours after being sprayed.

The client who complained most likely doesn't want you to respray her free now because she HAS a tan.

She may not have had much of a tan 4/5 hours after being sprayed but after 24 hours she will no doubt have a tan (as long as you have sprayed her with the correct amount of tan - approx 50ml).

I would quickly try a bit of the rapid tan on mysefl (on my belly or somewhere it won't be seen to check it is developing but I'm sure it's just a mix up because the fast tan takes time to show it's colour unlike a standard 8 hour tan that you see your colour at wash off.

Last edited:
Ahh great thank you for that BaggyBear ... So how would you word it when explaining to my clients tomorrow? as they're all wanting the rapid as going out tomorrow night xx

I would advise them in advance of their appointment that the Fast Tan only means a quick wash off and that colour takes up to 24hours to develop in full

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ahh great thank you for that BaggyBear ... So how would you word it when explaining to my clients tomorrow? as they're all wanting the rapid as going out tomorrow night xx
I would tell these clients they need to have a standard tan if they want their colour at wash off point. Fast tans need time to develop after being washed off.

They could have fast tans done if they are happy to go out white & come home tanned lol. I have clients that go to work after washing off and are white at the start of their shift and then are tanned going home as their tan has developed throughout their shift (not to full colour but noticably enough tanned lol).

I use the Sienna X Tonight's the Night which is the same principle, washes off after 2-4 hours. I always tell clients before they book in that the beauty of this solution is you can wash it off within a few hours but that the tan continues to develop throughout the day and night. My last client that had it said it took until the next morning to develop it's full colour. The rapid tans are for convenience mainly and fab for those last minute clients who don't have time to wait 8 hours to shower :) x

The majority of my clients love the colour of the rapid but are leaving it on longer... I only advise new tanners to rinse off sooner

Agree with all Baggybear said. I use LA Fast and Nouvatan 20%. I contacted Laurens Way when they released their rapid tan and was appalled at the lack of knowledge of their sales team. I had to explain how rapid tans worked to 2 members of LW sales team! They were just reading off a script but had no knowledge or understanding of the product itself. It annoyed me greatly tbh hence why I no longer stock LW!

Latest posts

Back