Lava stone massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie23x

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
can anyone help, i am looking to do a lava stone course and cannot find anyone local and can only find about 1 place offering it.

Hi Charlie,

Shared Beauty Secrets are the exclusive trainers and distributors for Lava Shell Massage.
They offer on-site training, at the venue and online training.

I went years ago to the training and really enjoyed it, I’ve done loads of lava shell massage but it’s gradually slowed down and use mostly the stones now. The heat activators also got quite expensive so put me off advertising it.

Hope this helps! Kate x

Hi Kate

Thank you for a quick reply that is one of the providers I have found. I have been in the beauty industry for over 16 years and always looking to further my CPD, I am hot stone qualified also, I was thinking of a different alternatives but was unaware most people use the hot stones over lava shells.

Many thanks Charlie

I use lava shells and they are very popular with my massage clients.
I combine it with the aromatherapy I do so it becomes a much longer and luxurious treatment.
Yes the chemicals are pricey but I buy the large packs which helps bring the price down per treatment.
Just make sure you charge accordingly to products used and time taken.
Clients definitely see it as a luxury! [emoji4][emoji106]

Hi Kate

Thank you for a quick reply that is one of the providers I have found. I have been in the beauty industry for over 16 years and always looking to further my CPD, I am hot stone qualified also, I was thinking of a different alternatives but was unaware most people use the hot stones over lava shells.

Many thanks Charlie

The training was definitely worth it! You’ll love it! I’ve been in the Beauty industry coming up for 20years and is always good for us all to do regular training.
Have you done the warm bamboo massage? I keep thinking about doing it!

The training was definitely worth it! You’ll love it! I’ve been in the Beauty industry coming up for 20years and is always good for us all to do regular training.
Have you done the warm bamboo massage? I keep thinking about doing it!

I have just done the warm bamboo a few weeks ago. To be honest I wasn't impressed, as I was told I can't heat up the bamboo with artificial heat, I warm it through my hands. I wouldn't have bothered with it had I known that as it stated when I researched it, you could heat up the bamboo on a heat plate. But according to the trainer I can't do that.

It is a deep pressure massage, but. It wasn't enjoyable or relaxing.

I have just done the warm bamboo a few weeks ago. To be honest I wasn't impressed, as I was told I can't heat up the bamboo with artificial heat, I warm it through my hands. I wouldn't have bothered with it had I known that as it stated when I researched it, you could heat up the bamboo on a heat plate. But according to the trainer I can't do that.

It is a deep pressure massage, but. It wasn't enjoyable or relaxing.

Ah ok, thank you! Don’t think I’ll bother doing that then [emoji848]

I'm trained in both hot stones and lava shells.
But since going self employed 4 years ago I ditched the lava shells. The heat activators are expensive. I also prefer that the traditional stones come in different sizes, whereas the shells are just one size ...maybe this has since changed? I love to incorporate my hands in massage, but if the shell is left unused it can go very hot - which I used to find very frustrating. They also don't retain the heat long enough, as I like to do 90 minute massages.
I think they are perfect for anyone mobile, but otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

Lava shells come in a range of sizes and shapes and designs now.
I use the original tiger shells in large and small. The heat charges also come in different heat levels. I stick to mild, quite hot enough.
With lava shells allow 10-15 mins to heat up to start (so do consult & essential oil selection during this time).
When standing the shells heat up. When moving they start to cool.
So I start the massage eg leg for say 6 mins, then work with hot shells until they start to cool. Complete massage on leg. Start massage on other leg for a few mins. Then use reheated shells on leg and so on.
Basically you alternate the use of the hot shells with manual massage.
A shell gives approx 40 mins of heat, sometimes a little longer.
So for a full 90 min treatment I use 4 shells. (You add the chemicals to the second pair of shells part way through so they are ready for the second half of the treatment)
It only takes a couple of practices to get the flow of manual/shell routine going.

Latest posts

Back