Layered extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura4014

Reaction score
Ok on my course they told me if a client has layered hair then i could buy packs of different lengths... has anyone done this my best friend is going to be a guinie pig and let me try as she has hair past her shoulders but wants it 18" but if i used a few packs of different lengths would the ends look straggly? Would u advise me to use 1g strands.
Sorry for all the questions

Laura xx

You need to do full rows of the 18inch then as you go higher up start using 16 inch and then 14 if it suits the hair it not only saves money it saves time cutting x

thanks for the reply hun :) ok ill try that im excited to see how it turns out aswell x

Personally I've never heard if using different lengths, I would just cut the layers in as most extensions come up several inches longer for cutting length and if the hair is tapered you get shorter hairs in human Remy hair so some natural layers, then just cut the rest in to desired style and length.

thanks for the reply hun :) ok ill try that im excited to see how it turns out aswell x

Please post a picture when done, id love to see this :)

Personally I've never heard if using different lengths, I would just cut the layers in as most extensions come up several inches longer for cutting length and if the hair is tapered you get shorter hairs in human Remy hair so some natural layers, then just cut the rest in to desired style and length.

Really?i know most extensionists that do this as it blends in better and saves you cutting and wasting hair when layering xx

Ok on my course they told me if a client has layered hair then i could buy packs of different lengths... has anyone done this my best friend is going to be a guinie pig and let me try as she has hair past her shoulders but wants it 18" but if i used a few packs of different lengths would the ends look straggly? Would u advise me to use 1g strands.
Sorry for all the questions

Laura xx

Hi,I teach hair extensions and on our courses we would put in 18 inch all over on this client and then layer and blend the hair after all the hair is installed. You could buy different lengths but from a money point of view, you will have a lot of waste hair.I would advise using 18 inch all over then cut to suit the client afterwards. :idea:

You need to do full rows of the 18inch then as you go higher up start using 16 inch and then 14 if it suits the hair it not only saves money it saves time cutting x

I do this too where i can. Much easier & cheaper xx

I know this is an old post

But I love the hair in this photograph. It's the type of hair that would suit me more than anything else.

I personally am going to try the 'buying different lengths' because I can't cut hair very well. I am a trained hair extensionist but I stay away from the scissors.

I am going to buy 25 strands of 24inch hair in 1g thickness for the bottom three rows (leaving an inch or so either side of the top row from the hair line). Then I will use 20inch hair for the left over inch or so from the third row, and do two more rows of this hair. I will then take 18inch hair for the next two rows. (giving me 7 rows which is really all I need) and I would use 18 or 16 inch for the front and sides.

I hope it will turn out ok, luckily I am going for micro rings so I can practice on my manequin head doll and see what it looks like.

I will upload photos

Attachments

• pixie love1.jpg
    pixie love1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 361
I know this is an old post

But I love the hair in this photograph. It's the type of hair that would suit me more than anything else.

I personally am going to try the 'buying different lengths' because I can't cut hair very well. I am a trained hair extensionist but I stay away from the scissors.

I am going to buy 25 strands of 24inch hair in 1g thickness for the bottom three rows (leaving an inch or so either side of the top row from the hair line). Then I will use 20inch hair for the left over inch or so from the third row, and do two more rows of this hair. I will then take 18inch hair for the next two rows. (giving me 7 rows which is really all I need) and I would use 18 or 16 inch for the front and sides.

I hope it will turn out ok, luckily I am going for micro rings so I can practice on my manequin head doll and see what it looks like.

I will upload photos

This hair is gorgeous!

It would make sense to do the shorter lengths and I had considered it myself as u can chop into the ends and not waste too much hair but wasn't advised of layering on my course so wasn't sure the best way to achieve this.xx

Latest posts

Back