Layering Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anne1984

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering when layering shellac do you use 2 coats of say 'wildfire' followed by 1 coat of 'moonlight and roses' or is it 1 coat of each?

Also does anyone have any good combinations and do you customers go for combinations generally?

Thanks in advance for any replys!

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering when layering shellac do you use 2 coats of say 'wildfire' followed by 1 coat of 'moonlight and roses' or is it 1 coat of each?

Also does anyone have any good combinations and do you customers go for combinations generally?

Thanks in advance for any replys!

Hi

Yes I do 2 coats of the first colour because you have to apply thin, some colors would be patchy then apply next colour. I have so many combinations but it would take me all day to type them all out. If you look on fingernail fixers facebook page you will see she has done so many layering combinations and has pictures of the coolours. Im sure someone will be able to send you the link. X

It just depends on how translucent the colour underneath is. If it was a wee bit patchy and I was putting M&R ontop I would still do the one coat and that one is sort of semi sheer. But If I was putting negligee on top and there were streaks I would do two coats. It just depends.

Layering is a personal choice, great for a bit of diversity and ringing the changes.

Best try a few on pop sticks to show clients as examples too many to start to list really.

The VIP status silver or gold are great for most of the colours.

I also mix and split the colours too, i.e one side of nail one colour other etc and add a hand painted design in Shellac colour down the join line to disguise it, skys the limit really, let your imagination fly.

thank you for all the advise

Latest posts

Back