Layering Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerry0875

Reaction score
Hi, could anyone give me some advice as I hear you can layer the colours. I have done the training but we didn't cover this in class. Thanks :biggrin:

hi, if you go onto the cnd website you'll find a section with some layering options.
hth's

I've just asked this question in the Shellac Lovers group - it wouldbe good to have a list of the most popular combinations :)

There are so many layering options.

Check out fingernailfixer's page on facebook, she has taken the time to layer most of the colours and you can see what they look like.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150106598067264.283073.307317462263&type=3

You should also check out the Shellac lovers group... great pics there of layering combos.

You can paint the side of your Shellac bottle to get an idea of how well one colour will layer over another... so for example try painting tuitti fruitti on the side of the fedora bottle, or paint iced coral on the side of the black pool bottle and see what happens! :)

Here's a video to get you started... have fun layering! :)

Shellac Layering UV Color Coat System - YouTube

I've just asked this question in the Shellac Lovers group - it wouldbe good to have a list of the most popular combinations :)

There is a list, it's on the CND website. Have a look like rinn has suggested. :)

If you go to CND - Creative Nail Design, Professional Nail, Hand and Foot Beauty Products - Artificial Acrylic Nails and Brisa Gel. and click on tools and support, then shellac support you will find 3 sheet of shellac 'recipes' you can print off and recreate, the new shellac stand come with a neat shellac colour display that also has a section of layered colours.

3 colours I would definitely recommend for layering over others to get you started are, moonlight and roses, iced coral and hot chillis these 3 will give you great results and will expand your colour collection.

There is a list, it's on the CND website. Have a look like rinn has suggested. :)

If you go to CND - Creative Nail Design, Professional Nail, Hand and Foot Beauty Products - Artificial Acrylic Nails and Brisa Gel. and click on tools and support, then shellac support you will find 3 sheet of shellac 'recipes' you can print off and recreate, the new shellac stand come with a neat shellac colour display that also has a section of layered colours.

I never knew this!! :o
Thank you both for pointing me in the right direction :hug:

I have pics of some layering combos in my Shellac album.

Latest posts

Back