Laying flat for Hollywood?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbe!

Reaction score
Do you lay your clients completely flat for Hollywood/Brazillian waxing?? I'm finding it hard to get the right angle with my stick for some parts! Thanks xx

It depends what they find more comfortable. The majority prefer to sit up a bit as it puts less pressure on their back.

Are you using hard wax? If so you should only need the tip of the spatula.

Yes I'm using hard wax, I'll try more on the tip!! It's not an easy job is it!!!! Thank you xx

You must use the tip to push the wax right through the hair. Remember that hard wax 'shrink wraps' the hair and doesn't adhere to the skin. Therefore you need it fully encapsulated to get an effective removal without breakage.

Ah thanks so much, I'll let you know how it goes!!! X

Thanks PicklePie, got so much more hair out first time by being firmer! X

Do you lay your clients completely flat for Hollywood/Brazillian waxing?? I'm finding it hard to get the right angle with my stick for some parts! Thanks xx

I start with the client on all fours to remove the hair underneath, as this give a lovely, right stretch to the skin.

Then on their back with one leg out like frogs legs (or both is v flexible [emoji23]) and work my way in.

Hope this helps! X

I start with the client on all fours to remove the hair underneath, as this give a lovely, right stretch to the skin.

Then on their back with one leg out like frogs legs (or both is v flexible [emoji23]) and work my way in.

Hope this helps! X

*tight, bit right [emoji23]

Ah thanks, I did used to do the all fours to start with after my training but a couple of people weren't keen so I'm trying the laying on front, with them holding cheeks apart. Xx

Ah thanks, I did used to do the all fours to start with after my training but a couple of people weren't keen so I'm trying the laying on front, with them holding cheeks apart. Xx

I went to a therapist that got me in this position and it's AWFUL. My usual therapist gets me to bring my knees/legs up whilst on my back.

Oh no really?! Maybe I'll try knees up whilst on back then! Do you wax your clients like that then and is it easier to get to all the hairs? X

I start off with the client slightly sat up with frogs legs. Then I get the client to lay on their side so that I can finish off. I find this is less embarrassing for the client and allows me to get all the hairs x

Latest posts

Back