LCN Gel Nails, just about to do course, what do i do now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vixen100

Reaction score
I am just about to do the Lcn FOUNDATION GEL, USING PHASIQUE THE SELF LEVELLING gel. I am a beauty therapist and have just left my job. Although I havent done a course in gel nails i am up to a pretty good standard as i have done gel nails with tips and sculptured for friends family and myself. Don't get me wrong they not perfect but I am better than a complete amateur. Maybe i should have started on the sculptured course first but i think you have to be a very experienced nail technician with proof that you have lots of experience Am I right?

Basically i do 2 days now and then after 6 weeks do a final day. But after the 2 days i am qualified.

I don't know where to go from here should i just do friends to start off with, or should i charge low prices as i will be still makin mistakes getting my time down. Do most people go in a nail bar on a self employed basis at this stage and again charge lower prices.

As i am will still be making mistakes and getting my time down i dont want to start up on my own and get a bad reputation.

I just need some advice on exactly what most people do from here,

thankyou x

You should get all this advice on your course hun. You will find the Phasique so much easier to master than the Sculpture system. They used to do it the other way round, but so many found Sculpture hard to master as it's non levelling that they ended up giving up. They say that you are qualified to use their products, rather than being qualified as a nail tech, you will ony be fully qualified in their eyes (and refer clients to you) when you have taken their level 1 exam.

thanks :lol:, that has helped me. Just a quick question, surely using phasique self levelling, the nails are more brone to breakage as you wont build up as much gel over the stress point of the nail with self levelling as it would if you were sculpting you could build it up over that point? If that makes sense!:rolleyes:

thanks :lol:, that has helped me. Just a quick question, surely using phasique self levelling, the nails are more brone to breakage as you wont build up as much gel over the stress point of the nail with self levelling as it would if you were sculpting you could build it up over that point? If that makes sense!:rolleyes:
Different gels have different viscosities... Brisa is an extremely strong self levelling gel, it's a thick viscosity so it doesn't run into the sidewalls etc, there are other self levelling gels that are very runny in consistency and will behave differently on the nail.

LCN have a good reputation, good luck on your course :green:

LCN is a similar consitency to brisa so building an apex is not a probelm!

Phasique is a three step system as is Sculpture. The apex is built up at the same thickness - which actually shouldn't be that thick anyway, but due to its chemistry Sculpture is a stronger system than Phasique. In fact Sculpture is the strongest gel I have ever used, just a shame it's so darned expensive and tricky to use!

I am just about to do the Lcn FOUNDATION GEL, USING PHASIQUE THE SELF LEVELLING gel. I am a beauty therapist and have just left my job. Although I havent done a course in gel nails i am up to a pretty good standard as i have done gel nails with tips and sculptured for friends family and myself. Don't get me wrong they not perfect but I am better than a complete amateur. Maybe i should have started on the sculptured course first but i think you have to be a very experienced nail technician with proof that you have lots of experience Am I right?

Basically i do 2 days now and then after 6 weeks do a final day. But after the 2 days i am qualified.

I don't know where to go from here should i just do friends to start off with, or should i charge low prices as i will be still makin mistakes getting my time down. Do most people go in a nail bar on a self employed basis at this stage and again charge lower prices.

As i am will still be making mistakes and getting my time down i dont want to start up on my own and get a bad reputation.

I just need some advice on exactly what most people do from here,

thankyou x

I'm doing the foundation course in oct and I'm aiming to do 6 friends to start with and not charge this way I can do 2 sets a week for the 1st 3 weeks and then 2 infils a week for the 4th 5th and 6th week, spreads it out (I still have a full time job too) and hopefully i'll be able to trouble shoot as I go if that makes sense.

I guess it comes down to how good you are from the off, I'm starting from scratch.

You should try and charge at least a fiver just to try and recoup your product costs and let you save up to get more. Your friends will pay it I am sure.

You should try and charge at least a fiver just to try and recoup your product costs and let you save up to get more. Your friends will pay it I am sure.

Youve got a point there Sassy hadnt thought of that thanks

Youve got a point there Sassy hadnt thought of that thanks

They should really pay more, but if it helps at least cover some of the cost then it's better! Also be prepared for them to trash them - if they don't have to pay the going rate then they don't tend to take care of them so well (erm and will try and blame you for it!!!!)

Latest posts

Back