Leadership Tool for Salon Owners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBM Staff

Reaction score
Being the salon owner you have probably already filled each and every position in your company at one time or another but have you filled the job description of leader?

What does that mean exactly and doesn’t owning the salon ultimately make you the leader?

It means that being the leader you have a personal vision and mission for your salon and are committed to making them happen. It means that you live your life with purposeful intent each day and inspire those around you to join you on your journey.

Today I am going to attempt to make it as clear as possible as how it “looks” on paper when you lead your salon and I am going to do my best to communicate this in “industry terms”.

There are 4 basic things to consider in any job description; the goal, the objective, the characteristics or personality traits of this person and duties of the individual; they can look something like this.

1. Objective: To build a team of peak performers who respect and honor the company. I do this by leading with integrity and honesty in my commitments to helping them succeed and in turn the salon.
  2. Goal: To grow the salon business to be attracting and sustaining a thriving client base with superior service.
  3. Personality Traits: Strong sense of commitment, confident, good communication skills, positive attitude, visionary, calm rational demeanor, good time management skills.
  4. Duties: Creating a vision and mission for your salon and setting the goals to fulfill them. Creating positions in the company to support employee and company growth such as training, research, marketing and management.

The value of creating your job description will give you clarity to know what it takes to be the leader of your salon.

Cheryl Roose
CEO, Salon Operating System
Contributor, SalonBlabbermouth

i work as a trainee hairdresser and i finish training on the 25th of November 2011 and it is my NVQ level 2 and i can cut some hair and sum other things that im not sure of at the minute. When the time comes round i don't thinks that i will not be qualifie ...":Scared: that i am not going to get a job

Latest posts

Back