Leaflet drop?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retired

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if dropping leaflets under car windscreen wipers in shopping car parks, is illegal? Or, do you have to have permission from the manager of the, say, shopping centre eg Tesco, etc?

Thanks.

Hi,

Its not illegal to place leaflet's on a window screen as long as you don't damage the car itself..!!!

Angie

xx

I don't believe it is illegal, however if you do it on a private car park such as tesco they can kick you off as it is private property. I think though that if you asked permission they would refuse, so best bet is do it and if they kick you off at least you will have done some. If they don't kick you off, job done. On public car parks you should be fine, however just remember don't damage the cars

Thanks for your replies. Think I'll give it a go and slink off! :lol::lol:

You go girl..:lol::lol:

Thanks, Debs. Just can't keep us girls down, can they?! :lol::lol:

I wondered about this in the past and phoned tesco's up. They said that I couldn't so it put me off. This thread has reminded me though, so I might give a go, just not at Tesco's.:)

from what i understand (business eye told me) its not illegal to do it on a public highway , however, if people throw your leaflets on the floor then the council can in theory contact you and fine you for littering .

Doing it in tesco etc is often classed as private property and therefore up to the owner of the land. I dont know though if they can do aynthing other than shout at you for doing it as business eye didnt say.

Let us know how you get on and if you need bail! ( only joking).

tigi

I've had random flyers shoved under my windscreen at Tesco's and so I guess it's a matter of running round quickly with them and not getting caught! :lol:

I have had loads of things like that stuck to my windscreen at the supermarket so I say be a rebel and go for it. If you get caught they will only ask you to stop or to leave you aint gonna get a whoopin for it LOL

Good luck

Whilst it might not be illegal I find it intensely irritating, and would certainly NOT use the services of the company advertising!
I've had a lot of success from joining local business networking groups, so I googled for such groups in Bristol and found the following:

events
Hadlee - Networking for success in Bristol - Home
Business Networking Bristol
Local Business Networking Events - uk - bristol

Some of these may cost to join, but usually they let you attend a couple of meetings first to see whether it's for you.

Do you have a local parish magazine, or a local business directory? We have one here called the Kingsclere Tower, and the Chineham Directory. They cost peanuts to advertise in them (£70 for the year!) and you get local people reading them all the time.
Also, we have a verrrrr posh school nearby (Cheam) and they have an advertiser magazine. I just put an ad in there which cost £17! I've had SO much business from networking and local ads.
The local primary school has an end of term fair and I went to the Christmas one - again, I've had loads of business as a result, and it cost me a tenner for the pitch!

Good luck with your leaflet drop though - do let us know if it was successful!
Best wishes
lynne

Latest posts

Back