Leaflet Dropping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzy k

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just looking for a little advise.
I have recently been let down by a lady I was supposed to be renting a room from to start "doing" nails. I was so upset but I have now been given the opportunity to convert my dads spare room into a nail salon :)
Ive had all my business cards etc printed and and within the next month I will be doing my first leaflet drops.
I was just wondering, do you guys post your full price list or just a business card or any promotions you are doing.
Any advise would be much appreciated as this is the first time I have ever done anything like this before and im so nervous and excited. :)

I'm in the middle of doing a drop of 5000 leaflets. I decided against dropping pricelists as anyone who is interested will either phone for information or visit website. If the person knows your prices its easy to use as a comparison/bargaining tool with local competitors. However, if your business card doesnt give an overview of your treatments, then maybe its worth posting them... :irked:

I have an a5 treatment menu that i designed its full colour and double sided i get it printed in batches of 5000 (£79) it then serves as a price list in salon as well as a leaflet when i get them dropped through peoples doors. you could always add a 10% off with this flyer, sometimes i think it puts people off if there are no prices, it does with me i like to know where i am good luck with it all hun, hth xx

I have an a5 treatment menu that i designed its full colour and double sided i get it printed in batches of 5000 (£79) it then serves as a price list in salon as well as a leaflet when i get them dropped through peoples doors. you could always add a 10% off with this flyer, sometimes i think it puts people off if there are no prices, it does with me i like to know where i am good luck with it all hun, hth xx

£79, seems a nice price, where you get it done? what weight paper is it printed on?

Sorry hun but would you mind if i asked where you get then done. Thats a great price!
Totally agree with you about wanting to know prices! To be honest i know it sounds lazy but i couldnt be bothered to ring up and ask ha ha. But it's a personal choice and everyone is different.
xxx

I think a lil taster of what your prices are is enough, clients will do the extra bit by calling and booking if they want your services, when they come in give them a price list - remember when you drop leaflets you are dropping information to other salons, mobile techs and home business' alongside potential clients.

I dont know, Ive done leaflet drops in the past and Ive had people call saying..you never put the prices on ...so may be just pop them on the back.:)

If you got a flyer through the door, would you want to know what the prices are? or at least the price of the offer if there is one. In my experience people are far too lazy to pick up the phone and call you. Use subliminal marketing by asking people to call this number 'now', to get the appointment time/day of their choice.

If there are no prices, I throw it away!!!

Thanks for all of your advice.
Im in the middle of re-pricing everything now as i went on my creativeSpa conversion course yesterday and was told my prices are way too low.
Just a bit worried that if i put the prices on my leaflets, it will put people off iykwim :irked:

hi there
I'm just about to head off on a leaflet drop this morning hun! i done an a5 sheet with name and number and opening offer on the front and i done a pricelist on the back. Hope it works o.k it looks good anyway. I put my prices on because i think at the mo anyway money is a big concern for people with the credit crunch so that was my biggest reason. I have alot of competion in the next town so i have to be competive to get people in as i am more in the country.:hug:

If you have NEVER done any form of leaflet drop or advertising then put your prices on if you are known then hold back a little.
if you are gonna drop 5000 then just go for it as this is a BIG amount and you surely will get loads of business from it.

There are so many ways to get your name out there its just deciding which one suits you best. Yesterday I hit a shopping centre and offered the retail staff an offer on their christmas parties

Thats a good idea admiral never thought of that. Might have to go that way with my leaflets to. I dropped some into hotels that dont have salons as they always have party night's plus bridal fayres are also a winner.:)

I'm currently doing one, I've done 3500 so far and have another 1500 to go. The dog comes with me and we both get a good bit of excercise! I've got an A5 flyer, good quality paper, full colour, bit about the salon on the front with a photo and a voucher then a price list on the back. (I paid a damn sight more than you guys though so I'll deffinately be looking up your printers!)

Flipping hard work but I have had LOADS of new clients from it. My salon is home based and as I am a tad cheaper than the high street salons it has attracted new clients, especially as people are looking to make some cutbacks at the mo.

Hope it works out well for you too!

oops sorry i forgot to check back on this thread, the link below is where i've got all of my leaflets they are double sided a5 full colour gloss paper, not sure on paper weight but i'm super impressed

http://www.fairprint.co.uk/

this is their website but i generally get them through their e-bay listings tend to be a bit cheaper

good luck xx

Thank you honey bun - I've checked them out & sent off for a sample pack!:hug:

Latest posts

Back