Leaflets leaflets leaflets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcuts

Reaction score
I just want to say, as everyone is really struggling at the moment, including me on occasion, the 1 bit of advice I can pass on and has been INVALUABLE to me is

LEAFLET DROPS

Ask each friend you have (via facebook etc) to deliver THEIR OWN ROAD and/or neighbouring road if they can.

Send your staff out at every opportunity if you are in a salon - My Apprentice averages about 8 hours a week, she loves the exercise and I trust her completely as we have doubled our clientele since May.

ENSURE you know how to design a leaflet. I know people that get 5000 printed and not 1 call. I have delivered to a road of 200 houses and had 8 calls within a day.

It can be done, be clever, be motivated and dont repeat any area more than once every 3 months so as not to anoy the recipient.

Hope this helps.

If you want any tips please pm me, I worked in print and promotions for years and am a proof reader.

Hello! With regards to designing the leaflets I wonder if you can give your advice on whats the best option? Do you use a design artist or do it yourself? I'm hoping to get mine done but as you said its all in the design and I dont want to spend money on a bad design an waste time! Thank you. :)

Hi Tinx

You are fairly local to me so I shouldnt give tooooooo much good advice haha.

Seriously though pm me what you are thinking of doing? (I have already started having requests in). I am opting to simply email some of my designs / leaflets used and seemingly successfully so over the last 3 years.

Good Luck!!!

Oh I see Sussex!!! LOL! Thank you! Will pm you. Appreciate it. I would appreciate all the help!!

leaflet drops are amazing!!! tones the bum and gets new clients in!! woohoooooo!!!

Topcuts,

Your avatar really messes with my head.

Is that horse REALLY big or are you standing very far back??? :lol:

Topcuts,

Your avatar really messes with my head.

Is that horse REALLY big or are you standing very far back??? :lol:

Lol!!! I had to have a look now too. X

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I just want to say, as everyone is really struggling at the moment, including me on occasion, the 1 bit of advice I can pass on and has been INVALUABLE to me is

LEAFLET DROPS

Ask each friend you have (via facebook etc) to deliver THEIR OWN ROAD and/or neighbouring road if they can.

Send your staff out at every opportunity if you are in a salon - My Apprentice averages about 8 hours a week, she loves the exercise and I trust her completely as we have doubled our clientele since May.

ENSURE you know how to design a leaflet. I know people that get 5000 printed and not 1 call. I have delivered to a road of 200 houses and had 8 calls within a day.

It can be done, be clever, be motivated and dont repeat any area more than once every 3 months so as not to anoy the recipient.

Hope this helps.

If you want any tips please pm me, I worked in print and promotions for years and am a proof reader.

Hey!! I feel Like I have been getting absaloutley nowhere with my leaflet drops maybe you can tell me what is wrong with my leaflet if I send it to you? on the up side and least im toning my bum!!!:biggrin:

Ohhh my husband has been working on my leaflet when we complete it I'd really love it if I could send it to you to have a little look. Oh and I'm not that close to you either ;)

haha brilliant
a clever shot, completely unaware that a mate was playing with her camera and i love it cos you cant really see me blurred out (best way promise you!)

Sorry but please no more requests

I have received over 30 now, I have answered 2/3rds and will do more on Tuesday

I am sorry!!!!!!!

Contact my mate Gareth Evans who does the technical side and layout and works for a pittance bless him as he is too lovely and just does it for fun.

If you wants Gareth's number or facebook page pm me ok?

Best I can do now!!

Enjoy the sunshine.

This situation is tailor made for husbands/partners. Mine designs my leaflets and organises the printing, and of course I am far too busy to deliver them so he is the perfect person to pound the streets pushing them through letter boxes on his days off.

Just had a run of 3500 done, I have them done every year and they are much better than advertising in the papers etc. He's designed my website too and keeps that up to date. As a reward I sometimes let him watch some football!! :rolleyes:

Maybe I should hire him out!! :biggrin:

Wish they worked for me......I've tried designing my own and have them professionally done, I delivered 1000 on 3 separate occassions to 3 separate areas, not one call!! :-((

I've done leaflet drop's twice in the past two years and they have worked brilliantly for me. I had mine designed for me, in colour, front and back. I have the background and logo that I have on my website. You really can't just have one side done, as when you drop though the letter box on it land's on the blanket side people will just pick it up and put it in the bin. I did a special offer on mine, with every pedicure recieve a free shape and polish on hands or an eyebrow wax. I had the list on pedicure of what they include and the price. I start delivering them in January really for the summer. I have used the postcards from vistaprint and they didn't work. Think I had about 1000 of them but the once's I get done professional work great and they not as expensive as you think.

You need to think about catching people's attention. And you want to start in local area's around you.

Good thread. Some many people say them don't work, nice to know it's not just me it work's for. It's so much cheaper than advertising in the paper etc.

Mine are done on publisher and are double sided and concertinad. I have had them done with coloured pictures this time and I always have them done on card, which is more expensive but looks much better. I also have the website advertised in several places and when a drop has been done the visitor statistics are noticeably higher (so I'm told, I haven't got a clue how you check that!!). I think someone told me once that if you got 10 calls from every 1000 leaflets then you are doing well. I would say it is about 5. Around half have been delivered so far (1750) and I have had 7 new clients from that, 5 have re-booked and 2 were for special occasions. It doesn't sound a lot and I may not get any from the next drops, or I may get more, but it has already paid for itself and the new clients will make it well worthwhile.

I am sure newspaper advertising works for some people, it just doesn't for me.

Having a good website is also essential, I wish I had done it years ago.

Hi
JackieD
saw you used publisher to design your leaflets. Have you used serif x5 before? i have designed my first ever leaflet and would like it printing professionally but i can't seem to transfer it into a pdf.
Do you use a local printers to print of your leaflets or an online company?
if so could you recomend any?
hope you don't mind me asking i am trying to sort out a leaflet being printed as well as looking for a web designer or maybe try to design one myself through vista or 1&1
any help muchly appreciated as this is my first time going it alone
thanks

Hi
JackieD
saw you used publisher to design your leaflets. Have you used serif x5 before? i have designed my first ever leaflet and would like it printing professionally but i can't seem to transfer it into a pdf.
Do you use a local printers to print of your leaflets or an online company?
if so could you recomend any?
hope you don't mind me asking i am trying to sort out a leaflet being printed as well as looking for a web designer or maybe try to design one myself through vista or 1&1
any help muchly appreciated as this is my first time going it alone
thanks

Hi

My hubby designs the leaflet and he uses Microsoft Publisher. He hasn't had to transfer it to a PDF file. My latest run has been my swishest, colour, photos etc. He has always used a local printing company before but used an online service this time printexpress.co.uk.

As it was double sided, colour, on card and folded it wasn't the cheapest ever (about 10p each I think) but it was competitive and much cheaper than local. He just sent the publisher file to them, they send back a layout for approval and away you go.

Do you have publisher?

Jackie x

Latest posts

Back