Leaking?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie20

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a newly qualified spray tanner using Nouvatan and am delighted with the tans that my clients have had, as are they...... as most have re-booked already and have also recommended me to so many of their mates. However, I am experiencing leaking from the tan bottle when I spray and also I seem to experience some tan solution leaking from somewhere under the spray unit that is placed on the floor (if I move the unit the leaking is there to be seen) consequently making me question how cost effective the unit is??????
I make sure that the solution bottle is screwed on tightly, however, this continues to happen. All advice would be greatly received, I really don't want to change my tanning solution because so far everyone has been thrilled to bits with their final colour from Nouvatan

Hi,

I am a newly qualified spray tanner using Nouvatan and am delighted with the tans that my clients have had, as are they...... as most have re-booked already and have also recommended me to so many of their mates. However, I am experiencing leaking from the tan bottle when I spray and also I seem to experience some tan solution leaking from somewhere under the spray unit that is placed on the floor (if I move the unit the leaking is there to be seen) consequently making me question how cost effective the unit is??????
I make sure that the solution bottle is screwed on tightly, however, this continues to happen. All advice would be greatly received, I really don't want to change my tanning solution because so far everyone has been thrilled to bits with their final colour from Nouvatan
hi that dont sound right to me some how,:suprised: give me a call in the morning.. the unit on the floor doesnt contain any solution it only blows air .. so i dont understand how it could possibly leak Nouvatan" Spray Tan Solutions and Retail Products, Spray Tanning Equipment and nationwide Spray Tanning Training - 07932 508084 - Welcome and if i cant resolve it over the phone i will swap your machine for you :D when set correctly the 5008 will do 20 plus tans per litre and it is the same machine used by all the other tanning companies sienna tantrick suntana ect

I can't understand how the solution could be getting under the machine either? But if this is happening it has nothing to do with the Nouvatan solution and would be the same whatever solution you were using.

I have had leaking from my cup before, have you checked that the cup is screwed on tightly enough? I dont know what machine you have but on my T200 there is a brass nut that sometimes lets solution by if it's not done up tightly enough, this can then run down to where the trigger is and get all over your fingers when you spray :o happened to me yesterday and turns out I probably need a new gun now as mine is getting worn out! What did I say about tempting fate Steve?? lol

I can't understand how the solution could be getting under the machine either? But if this is happening it has nothing to do with the Nouvatan solution and would be the same whatever solution you were using.

I have had leaking from my cup before, have you checked that the cup is screwed on tightly enough? I dont know what machine you have but on my T200 there is a brass nut that sometimes lets solution by if it's not done up tightly enough, this can then run down to where the trigger is and get all over your fingers when you spray :o happened to me yesterday and turns out I probably need a new gun now as mine is getting worn out! What did I say about tempting fate Steve?? lol
i got the bits for it sherrie and a few spare guns lol !! just tighten up the nut untill the needle stops moving then slaken it off a wee bit (sherrie)
Roxy I think you have your trigger set wrongly hence lots of over spray that gets sucked under the machines air intake causing pooling, as has been said By( sherrie )it will be the same with any solution give me a call tommorow ... also so glad your clients love the results:D

thanks Steve, I think it is past the point of repair now - need too many bits! I need a needle (mine is worn) hubby also thinks I need the cone shaped bit the needle pokes out of, think its called the fluid tip? as this is probably worn too? I need a new body as the brass nut is corroded on the thread quite badly, and I also need a new washer that goes in where the cup screws on! oh, and to top it off I could do with a lid for a cup too, got a spare cup but no lid for it! lol

Do you think I should just replace the whole thing? Didn't realise how expensive they were!! :eek::Scared:

well you cant do the 5008 !! can you ..sherrie .. lol its not ergonomically desigened or something lol
i have 3 t200 guns on top of my filling cabinet i also have a needle sharpenning machine thingymajig and spare gaskets if i cant fix it nobody can lol send it over and i might get you another season out of it .. after that you will have to join the 21st century and get to grip with a maximist at £...+ vat :D or shell out some serious money :sad::sad:

Lol....been there, done that and didn't like it! :D It's my own fault for saying how good it was, I know, I know! lol :o

A knight in shining armour by the name of Collin has come to my rescue on a big white charger and is going to send me the bits I need for hubby to have a go at sorting it out for me, he is a dab hand at that sort of thing, so fingers crossed I will be up and running again, but thank you so much for the offer :hug:

I must say, the customer service given by Tantrick and Nouvatan is the best there is! 'Others' should pay attention!! lol :wink2: xxx

Just wondered if you got your gun fixed Sherrie?
My T200 is now leaking at the brass nut screw! I have had a good few years from it but I would rather try and get it fixed, I hate the "throw away culture" we live in today. :rolleyes:

Steve is an absolute miracle worker when it comes to fixing guns/machines :)

So far I have managed to bend my needle which steve fixed.

My gun then decided it was going to throw solution everywhere and after totally taking it apart and ruining the inside washer thingies, Steve managed to fix it again.

Dont know quite what I do with my gun but it is still going and it is a t100 so its doing well :)

I am just worried that one day I am not going to be able to get it fixed but if it can be then Steve will do it :)

Does steve offer a repair service then, even if you didn't purchase the machine from him? I have contacted Collin, tantrick, as this is where I got the machine, just need to wait for a reply now.

Thanks for the info!

Hiya, yes it works ok now, Collin sent me some spare parts for it and hubby put a bit of ptfe tape around the brass nut where the needle goes through, treated it to a little spray gun oil on the moving parts and it's ok again :green:

sharon its an easy fix the nut thats leaking is the gland seal nut and it is adjustable it seals the needle from leaking as you have described
you will need a 10mm spanner or a small pair of pliers,to repair the gun
1, undo the black density dial at the rear of the gun
2, remove spring
3, pull trigger a rod will apear use pliers to pull out the needle
4, clean needle with scouring pad and greece with vaseline the needle but not the last inch towards the point
5 replace needle spring and black screw
6 using a 10 mm spanner tighten the brass nut closest to the spray head untill the needle will not return ie spring back ( the glandseal is like a soft mushroom of soft pvc the nut tightens it and it makes a seal on the needle shaft) to tight the needle wont return to loose the gun leaks
7 unscrew the nut very slightly untill the needle returns/the trigger gets springy
8 chillax job done lol !!:lol::lol:

Thanks Steve.

My husband had a look and decided that the black seal, that you can see when you remove the brass nut, was crumbling away. He removed this and replaced it with a small plastic washer. It does still leak unfortunately. I also have a problem with the trigger. It has now split on either side which gives me no "purchase" when pulling the trigger. The trigger doesn't seem to be "sprung" at all. Now I'm not sure if its always been like this?

I will pass your advice onto my husband as see what he can do. :eek:

p.s. I think I have had it 2 years now, so not sure what the life span shd be with moderate use.

Hi,

, I am experiencing leaking from the tan bottle when I spray and also I seem to experience some tan solution leaking from somewhere under the spray unit that is placed on the floor (if I move the unit the leaking is there to be seen) consequently making me question how cost effective the unit is??????

How much solution are you using for each tan (35ml-50ml is more than ample)and do you have an extract module to draw away the over spray.

If there is excessive over spray and you dont clean the filter enough the solution will appear to be leaking from the machine as its sucked into the machine and can clog the filter which,in addition to the apparent leaking issue will possibly over heat the machine.

HTH :hug:

Latest posts

Back