Learn from each other's mistakes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a pic of it in a different light. You can kinda just see it an no
More :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365591250.212692.jpg

My worst was when I was training, I was razoring out a hairline and literally razored off someone's mole! It bled quite a lot luckily it was one of my friends so he was understanding, he got it checked out at the doctors and it was ok thank god.

Lesson learnt; always check for moles around the hairline!

Ill never forget the feeling in my stomach when that happened!

Xx

Yeahhh...the thought of it fills me with dread. :\ I guess I just need to try and get into it and see what I come up with. Maybe I can do some nice stuff for my portfolio. Who knows. Living in fear of them won't get me anywhere.

I guess. Mabye ill have a bash at it soon. Just for my own piece of mind. In my own head, I can do them. I know how to. Bit translating that to my hands is a different story xx[/QUOTE]

Thats what i used to struggle with! With everything not just hair up, but foiling, even blow drying, i knew what to do, but my hands and fingers wouldnt work in the right way!! haha

Thats what i used to struggle with! With everything not just hair up, but foiling, even blow drying, i knew what to do, but my hands and fingers wouldnt work in the right way!! haha[/QUOTE]

I used to hate old lady blow dries. And even now they make me go OH NOOO. But I can do them after years of dread haha. Luckily colour never phased me. Graduated bobs used to terrify me. And now they are my faves haha.
Hair ups perhaps I will conquer them someday haha x

Thats what i used to struggle with! With everything not just hair up, but foiling, even blow drying, i knew what to do, but my hands and fingers wouldnt work in the right way!! haha

I used to hate old lady blow dries. And even now they make me go OH NOOO. But I can do them after years of dread haha. Luckily colour never phased me. Graduated bobs used to terrify me. And now they are my faves haha.
Hair ups perhaps I will conquer them someday haha x[/QUOTE]

A shampoo and set had me shaking in me boots the other day!

Hair ups perhaps I will conquer them someday haha x

A shampoo and set had me shaking in me boots the other day![/QUOTE]

I have some lovely ladies every Tuesday morn for old blows, I get to catch up on what they have brought all week! Whilst making sausages on their hair x

I'm not that long qualified and only do the odd family and friend so have little practise. Literally just this evening I thought I'd try the illumina 9/60 with pastel as everyone had been telling me it tones a lovely clean blonde. As I have very warm roots I thought I'd put a tiny bit of /88 special mix in to neutralise the orange completely forgetting about my highlights. Managed to get a lovely clean blonde along with mint green highlights oops.

Oh well I'd always been scared of bleach baths.....not anymore lol!!

A shampoo and set had me shaking in me boots the other day!

I have some lovely ladies every Tuesday morn for old blows, I get to catch up on what they have brought all week! Whilst making sausages on their hair x[/QUOTE]

LOL. sausages made me laugh. That's how I was taught too. Hairy sausages :p

I have some lovely ladies every Tuesday morn for old blows, I get to catch up on what they have brought all week! Whilst making sausages on their hair x

LOL. sausages made me laugh. That's how I was taught too. Hairy sausages :p[/QUOTE]

With a Tiny brush! But one ladies hair takes ages to perm! But the fringe never curls!! I use white and next size up rods :s x

LOL. sausages made me laugh. That's how I was taught too. Hairy sausages :p

With a Tiny brush! But one ladies hair takes ages to perm! But the fringe never curls!! I use white and next size up rods :s x[/QUOTE]

Resilient little so an so's eh!!
I don't know when I last did a perm. If take ages to wind on now haha x

With a Tiny brush! But one ladies hair takes ages to perm! But the fringe never curls!! I use white and next size up rods :s x

I don't know when I last did a perm. If take ages to wind on now haha x[/QUOTE]

Resilient isn't covering! It's a bitch! Next time I might pre soften as I wind! X

I don't know when I last did a perm. If take ages to wind on now haha x

Resilient isn't covering! It's a bitch! Next time I might pre soften as I wind! X[/QUOTE]

BAHAHAHAHAHA. Couldn't you put some lotion on it and give it a head start. Then go back and do rest and process as normal haha x

Resilient isn't covering! It's a bitch! Next time I might pre soften as I wind! X

BAHAHAHAHAHA. Couldn't you put some lotion on it and give it a head start. Then go back and do rest and process as normal haha x[/QUOTE]

Hmmm maybe I need even stronger perm! X

When I was a assistant I was blowdrying this lovely little blond girl about 5 yrs old. She had long blond hair down to her bum

Got her hair stuck in the back of dryer!! Poor thing was crying her heart out

Manager had to cut her hair out if dryer :( :( :(

When I was a assistant I was blowdrying this lovely little blond girl about 5 yrs old. She had long blond hair down to her bum

Got her hair stuck in the back of dryer!! Poor thing was crying her heart out

Manager had to cut her hair out if dryer :( :( :(

Omg lol

I knocked a blokes scab off his head once with my comb, landed on my hand so I flicked it off aiming for the floor!....it landed on the mirror! Big fat multi coloured scab! *puke*

L.O.L. I just puked in my mouth!

Im a bit scarred from my 11 yrs pf clumsiness. Where do i start?

I usually double check to make sure its my thinnin shears I grabbed because Ive heard stories. But this week I too had to chop off a lot of my hair im the back since I had my shears mixed up.

Then there was a time in beauty school when I was being sexually harrassed and I was actually happy that I had cut his bald spot too short when he had asked me not too..

I too cut someone on the neck and anothers ear..
What else..I have many..I have major concentration issues. ..

Oh yes I remember now. Our banker was comin in. My boss usually cut his hair but didnt have time so she asked me to do it and told me to take VERY good care because he was our banker. Welp, the watcha-ma-call-it thing on my shears that you put in so your small finger fits better, it came loose. I lost control of my shears and they flew about 1 cm past his eyes. I saw space between the shears and eyes but I knew hair off my shears had flown into his eyes. He thought I had cut his eye!

Not a big mistake but I done some foils on a lady who was 100% white at the front and 70% white at back. I used 8nn and 8b in foils, at the front it just came out red! Lol it looked nice tho so no harm lol x

Latest posts

Back