Learning about lash extensions -advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luce-loo

Reaction score
Hello,

I am completley new to the lash extension thing. My friend had a set done and they looked amazing. I know a few people who would love them. So I thought I would jump in and look into doing a course to learn how.

I have MILLIONS of questions.... So will say sorry now!

1. How do you know if a course is reputable?
2. Where is a good place to train?
3. What is a reasonable amount to expect to pay to train?
4. How much does the kit cost?

5. Most importantly how many sets to do before I feel really confident?
6. Do they tell you how much to charge on these courses?

7. Those of you that do extensions in ur own time, do you enjoy it? Do you make much money from it?

Sorry!!!! Told you am completly new to it all. Really looking for some advice...

Thank yoooooou
xx

hi, if you look around at the companys that do train ie . Flirties-marvel-LA =etc all the courses are good. thet mite vary in training costs. i paid £225 with marvel which included a kit and a full day... i must admit i used quite alot of my glue from the kit before i thought ye! full price now, but that is again up to the individual and learning strength, also the more u do the faster u become:D just go with who you feel offers you what you need inc aftercare.... to be honest, Marvel ive never been able to phone and ask questions Flirties ive heard good reports. costs also vary from town to town. dont under value the service, its time consuming and fiddly , 2 hrs work at least so u need to add that into cost so at £8. an hr just be sensible.... someone here does lashes for £25... how on earth she covers her costs... i charge a start price £40 depen.ding on the lashes i find it relaxing but 1 set a day is enough for my eyes , id rather do 2 sets minx lol x

Like spoilt has said...have a look around...salongeek is your best bet as you get the different views of various therapists who have trained with the different brands.

Everbody offers different kits so its best comparing or giving those companies a call to get a feel for what they can offer and how they will support you.

The cost you can charge varies but in average it should be between £85 and £125 per full set (there will be therapists that offer a lower price but it all depends which lashes they use and what service they offer so dont be influenced by that!)

As with everything...it very much depends on how you get on with the treatment...some students are amazing and can do a full set right after the training (its mainly those therapists that have got experience in nails that find it easier to do the lashes) and other might struggle for longer till they get the hang of it...there is no fixed time scale but once you have completed your training and are certified you should be able to go and earn some money and lashes are very exciting as you can see the effect right away!!!

I would fully recommend Flirties. Did the course 2 weeks ago with Luisa in Tetbury and had a fabulous day there. There was only one other trainee there and our 2 models and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselve and we have all kept in touch. I can contact Luisa at any time and she gets back to me really quickly if she isn't available at the time. Comprehensive training and the feeling of great support for as long as you need it.

What more could you ask for?

The kit is great and I don't think I will need anything more for quite a while, so great value!

Britta and Collin are fab too and very approachable should you need to contact them. :D

ladies ..... MANY thanks ..... all info has been SUPER helpful. It sounds like flirties are really good, but have found that Marvel have a course really close to me this Friday ..hope they still have space....

What are people's feelings abou the Marvel training .. how was the kit? Did you need to purchase much addtional equipment after the training?? Is one day training enough? Bit worried about the lack of support after the training, has that been a problem??

Gosh so many questions! .... honestly thank you so so much.

Last question, do you find you have much business? I have a tendency to get carried away with 'new schemes' and then live to regret the out lay (Virgin Vie being a classic example!!!) ....???

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ;)

If you contact wow for your nearest flirties trainer they will be able to do a date to suit you.

Im a flirties trainer for manchester and I book the course dates to suit so the trainer nearest to you will probably do the same thing.

Good luck with the lashes x

ladies ..... MANY thanks ..... all info has been SUPER helpful. It sounds like flirties are really good, but have found that Marvel have a course really close to me this Friday ..hope they still have space....

What are people's feelings abou the Marvel training .. how was the kit? Did you need to purchase much addtional equipment after the training?? Is one day training enough? Bit worried about the lack of support after the training, has that been a problem??

Gosh so many questions! .... honestly thank you so so much.

Last question, do you find you have much business? I have a tendency to get carried away with 'new schemes' and then live to regret the out lay (Virgin Vie being a classic example!!!) ....???

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ;)

I TRAINED WITH MARVEL..... WELL I THINK U would be better with a more intense course.....it was ok but was left needing more advice and ive never been able to get hold of anyone.... ive since changed supplyer s :o go with a company who has good aftercare , its so valuable xx IT MAY HAVE JUST been my training but on other threads ive heard the same xx

I trained with the Glam Lash Girls in Glasgow. They have training over the UK now. Training price and kits are really good.

Louisestherapy on geek can help you out.

Cath
x

My 1st reply/post please bare with me :D I recently trained with Lash Perfect, it cost alot of money (wish I had shopped around a wee bit more).

I am pleased with the product so far but their glue is £45 ~ Glam Lash have a glue for £25. Not sure how brave I am to mix the products up as obviously most companys insist you only use their products....er does that make sense?!

Glam Lash &/or Flirties look like good choices to me x

I trained with Glamlash and havent looked back. The training was brilliant, the kit was very good value as is all of thier products and the aftercare has been really good to. If I have had a concern, I email, ring or text and they usually get back to me really quick.

hey ladies .... you are all SUPER STARS!! thanks so much for the advice ....after much searching I have decided to go with Flirties ..they seem very popular. The lady that would be doing the training is Layla ... has anyone trained with her?

xx

Latest posts

Back