Learning muscles for level 3 swedish massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim@Talontastic

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry to ask this if it has already been asked but I have searched it and nothing came up.

Just wondered how everyone was finding there level 3 swedish massage course?

I have a mock on Wednesday and I keep getting all the muscles confused with each other.

Is this normal or am I just useless at theory.

To help me I've pinned up a giant skeleton with the muscles on it and i've made flash cards to match up the location and name.

Just don't no what else to do - does anyone have any ideas to help me????

Thank you Kim xx

One thing we were taught to do whilst learning them is to touch that muscle on your body when you're going through them. To apply the theory to an actual body rather than a drawing made it easier. Other than that is was just revise, revise, revise!:)

Get someone to test you, I have yet to satrt my VTCT SBM course but when I did A&P during my Pathology degree I found someone testing me on A&P worked better than flashcards or anything else as you can't kid yourself of what you do and don't know.

They are a blooming nightmare to learn. Origins,insertions and actions were the worst of it.

I always had trouble with anatomy and physiology until a mate got me a nurses a&p book.
I would use post it notes around the house and only do one thing at the time like arms, then legs and so on then all together.
You will be surprised what you actually remember.
Good luck :hug:

i used to with a eye liner write the muscles on my son , found that helped.

also used to make rhymes up with the order of muscles and and bones.

Well after all the stresses of revising somehow I managed to get 34 out of 36 right.

I was so pleased with myself.

Thank you for all the ideas for learning the stupidly long names. Sure i managed to spell some of them wrong.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back