Learning to do nails.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi im wanting to learn to do nails thinking of doing essential nails course im looking for advice as this is a total career change for me and i want it to work if anyone could help me that would be great thanks xxxx:hug:

hi welcome to the site! congrats on deciding to become a nail tech! just be prepared to lose your social life, love life, and life savings lol! theres lots of threads about choosing training companies on here, my advice would be to look and lok again, I hope some other kind geek can post the link to the thread which is for choosing the right training course as I cant find it! good luck :)

hi im wanting to learn to do nails thinking of doing essential nails course im looking for advice as this is a total career change for me and i want it to work if anyone could help me that would be great thanks xxxx:hug:

There's a great article here http://www.salongeek.com/training/27430-answer-most-faq-training-should-i-choose.html which will help you understand the options.

My opinion (for what it's worth) is that nails is a 'hands on' skill which needs teaching in a hands on way. I personally could not have learnt through a dvd - nails is harder then it looks!! Also, if you do the EN course then want to further your training Creative wont accept EN as a valid qualification and you will have to start from scratch. That's an expensive way to learn IMO.

Doing a Foundation Course with a reputable company is the best starting point IMHO.

hth's

Welcome to the site. and enjoy what it has to offer you.

Please just look here on the site at articles about training ... they will HELP you to find where to go. That is what this site is all about ... helping you to find the right path.

Go to the top and click on navigation
then click on forums
Scroll down and click on articles
then click on training

Play around on the site and see all the things you can learn. The 'search' engine is fantastic. Search your topic before you post and you may find your answers before you ask them.

YOU'VE MADE THE FIRST SMATEST MOVE YOU WILL MAKE AND THAT IS COMING HERE FOR ADVICE BEFORE INVESTING IN A COURSE THAT MAY NOT SUIT YOU.

Have fun.

Hi Michelle and welcome to the site!!
I think this is the article Sodabubble meant http://www.salongeek.com/training/27430-answer-most-faq-training-should-i-choose.html

Also if you do a search here on site about homelearn courses or essential nails you will find that by and large the majority of people recommend a classroom based training course as the best way to learn our trade. Even the geeks who started with Essential Nails, eventually had to do classroom training as well, and it did add to the costs.
There are several companies training in the Edinburgh & Midlothian area and you should check them all out before making up your mind.
Or if you know any Technicians or Therapists attending the Scottish Beauty show at Ingleston in May you could attend with them and check out what is on offer and get a demo!!
HTH

Last edited:
Or if you know any Technicians or Therapists attending the Scottish Beauty show at Ingleston in May you could attend with them and check out what is on offer and get a demo!!
HTH[/quote]

What a Fab idea :hug:

hi if anyone could give me information on courses in midlothian that would be helpful as im confused:cry:

hi if anyone could give me information on courses in midlothian that would be helpful as im confused:cry:

Why not contact some of the major companies (EzFlow, CND via Sweet Squared, Young Nails, NSI, etc.) and ask them if they run courses in your part of the world? I believe all the contact details are on the site.......

Latest posts

Back