leaving and going mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well everyone, i have done it!! I have left!! So has my friend. Its a bit strange because the girls (who own it) seemed a bit too ok with it. Oh well, little do they know that my friend and I have thought all this through and bought lots of bits at Olympia and are ready to go!! Scary!!!!

Good idea about renting somewhere together, i will keep my eyes open, i'm a bit worried cos a lot of ladies like to come to the salon as their 'hour away from it all'.

Well i'm just typing up all my price lists and vouchers (20% off first treatment with us) and will post them off tomorrow!

I did call the citizans advice about data protection etc and they said as long as the clients are not the girls who own it then its fine, i never asked my clients to sign anything saying their info wouldnt leave salon and i had a box in my drawer with all my client cards in.

Thanks again for all your help and advice and will let you know how it goes!

x x x x x

Well done hun for leaving, I'm certain you will not regret it for a minute!

I used to be mobile but now work from home as I'm now too busy to be driving about as well. It's the best thing ever, you can't beat being your own boss.

If your clients were happy with your work I think the majority will follow you. There may be a few who prefer the salon but most, I guess, are in it for the fantastic nails you do and nothing else. I know I have a lot of clients who are ex-salon and have been coming to me for a long time and are very happy to do so because they are happy with the quality of the nails I do and feel comfortable in my company.

Good luck with your business. Don't forget Yellow Pages and Thompson Directory will both give you a free lineage ad if you work from home/mobile. hth x

Thanks Blossom, its good to hear that you are doing well mobile/working from home. I just hope the phone starts ringing after our mass send out of letters, price lists and 20% discount vouchers!!

I will find out about yellow pages, think i have a bit of a wait till next one comes out but will defo put my name in there, thanks x x x

Don't worry if the phone doesn't ring non-stop straight away, I found that a lot of people keep the leaflets in a drawer or wherever for when they need you, I was still getting responses to my initial leaflet drop 6-12 months later!! Good luck x

Latest posts

Back