Leaving nail kit outside?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah7898

Reaction score
I live in a flat and usually have two or three large bags I need to carry up, as well as a toddler to guide up the stairs!
I never leave my stuff in the car, but I'm wondering if I did, does anyone know if it would affect the gels or any other products? Thanks

I have done the odd time, & no ive not noticed anything happen to my products. BUT will your kit be insured in your car if someone seen it & decided to break the window & pinch it?

Once my boyfriend pointed that out. I made sure I took my kit inside.

Xx

I have done the odd time, & no ive not noticed anything happen to my products. BUT will your kit be insured in your car if someone seen it & decided to break the window & pinch it?

Once my boyfriend pointed that out. I made sure I took my kit inside.

Xx

Yes, that's another reason I bring it in! Although my home insurance covers it but still, why take the chance! Well thanks for answering my question x

No problem, it was my boyfriend who pointed it out... It wouldnt have crossed my mind. But the thought of having to replace everything scared me! Haha xx

No problem, it was my boyfriend who pointed it out... It wouldnt have crossed my mind. But the thought of having to replace everything scared me! Haha xx

Tell me about it, it's not cheap!! Lol

It also depends on the weather. Excessive heat or cold would definitely be a problem.

Also if someone was to break into your car and it was taken ur insurance might not fix damage if uve not declared the car as being used as a work car.... theyll jusr say ur insurance wasnt valid.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is where you need to make sure you have the right insurance if you're mobile ... !!! ... As if you had an accident you won't be covered as you are using it for business.

Not just for traveling to and from clients, but I have to say even with this I don't leave my things in my car, not worth it,

Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Leaving hazadous (i.e monomer, acetone, polish, remover etc) products in a car is a no no, the fume build up could be dangerous.
http://www.salongeek.com/news/11001...dresser-dies-hydrogen-peroxide-explosion.html
I know this link is about hairdressing but the same thing happens with nail products.
We teach all of our students to neverstorevtheir products in their cars. If you want to leave your equipment in the car that is the risk you take with regards to theft but gaseous products should be taken out when not being used.
Your MSDS sheets will also tell you how your products should be stored.
Hth
Jen xx

Latest posts

Back