Leaving salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eloise86

Eloise86
Reaction score
Hi there, is there a better or worse time to leave hair salon? Before busy time or after busy time? Also my clients tend to book when leaving on appointment, do I tell them or do I book them in and call them once Ive left? Im self employed and there is no terms and conditions saying I can't take my clients but nevertheless I don't want to burn bridges so don't want to talk and upset salon owner where I'm going in front of colleagues and salon owner but still need to book my clients in?

Hi there, is there a better or worse time to leave hair salon? Before busy time or after busy time? Also my clients tend to book when leaving on appointment, do I tell them or do I book them in and call them once Ive left? Im self employed and there is no terms and conditions saying I can't take my clients but nevertheless I don't want to burn bridges so don't want to talk and upset salon owner where I'm going in front of colleagues and salon owner but still need to book my clients in?

If it were me I'd re book but then ring later on once home and tell them.
If you have fb page you could post on there that as of whatever date you will be based at home/mobile/other salon.

When I left a salon self employed when they rebooked with me before they left I said I can rebook but it won't be with me.
When they asked why I told them I was leaving. Where they asked where I was going I told them. But they had to ask. Some weren't bothered when I said it wouldn't be with me.

Grace_Hair was that your choice or the salon owners choice? X

If it were me I'd re book but then ring later on once home and tell them.
If you have fb page you could post on there that as of whatever date you will be based at home/mobile/other salon.

That was what I thought to do x

Grace_Hair was that your choice or the salon owners choice? X
My choice.

The owner said I wasn't allowed to say anything. But I would have been seriously p***** if I had booked in with someone to then have a different stylist.

And being self employed. She didn't actually have any right to tell me what to do.

Last edited:
My choice.

The owner said I wasn't allowed to say anything. But I would have been seriously p***** if I had booked in with someone to then have a different stylist.

And being self employed. She didn't actually have any right to tell me what to do.

That was bad of the salon owner.... Yeah I don't believe they can and I think she was very lucky that you were so complying x

I'm in the same boat don't know when the best time to leave as I have clients booked in 1 month + ahead xx

Latest posts

Back