SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazmcgee

Reaction score
I’ve been using the Lecente foil gel for some time and whilst it’s okay for detailed use, I find that when I apply it over the entire nail, the foil doesn’t stay on. One client had the foil stay on for five days before the foil wore away revealing the gel colour underneath. So the nail coating doesn’t chip away, just the foil comes off. It’s so strange and I don’t know what’s causing it. Any ideas? Are use all CND products and cure the foil gel for the full two minutes as instructed. I also use duraforce top coat to seal the foil.

Foil always wears, I don't think anyone has ever fully solved it. Various suggestions of base coat over foil, part cure, then top coat can help prolong the wear. I think the only really good suggestion was to use a builder gel over the top and create a capped edge.

Thanks so much, that’s helpful. I thought I was going mad because I was doing everything right & following the instructions.

Thanks so much, that’s helpful. I thought I was going mad because I was doing everything right & following the instructions.

If you use the search facility or scroll back you'll see a similar question has been asked hundreds of times, it's a continuous source of nail tech frustration, along with 'no I didn't pick them off honestly' ;)

Latest posts

Back