Lecente gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbk

Reaction score
Hi all

Considering taking on lecente gel polishes please can I get some honest feedback from anyone that uses it?

Durable? Easy to apply? Easy to soak off? Nails coping with it ok? That sort of thing..

I used shellac for a long time, then came out of the business in lockdown while pregnant, now my son is 2 I’m starting up renting a room again so an ideal opportunity to start with a new brand.

I was going to go with tgb until I saw a lot of posts about problems so I just really want to be sure before I take the plunge.

Thanks geeks!

Hi, I use Shellac and Lecente systems.
Both are good but there are differences which is why I have continued to offer both systems.

Compare / contrast:

Soak off:
Shellac - easy soak off, just wrap with offly fast for 10-15 mins and scrape off
Lecente - you have to buff off the top coat very thoroughly then wrap with acetone for 20 mins, then scrap off

Strength:
Shellac - softer hybrid gel polish 14+ days, top coat porous for solar oil
Lecente - harder gel polish , 14+ days, top coat non porous (possibly a bit shinier than shellac)
As always, some clients need a new set in 2.5 weeks and some go 6 weeks and all still perfect apart from the regrowth!

Colours:
Shellac - usually 4 collections per year, always popular but not many have a wow factor but they are classy
Lecente - 4 to 6 collections per year and many are very wow! which clients like. Highly pigmented so very glittery and fab coverage

Price: both ranges are about the same so I no longer have separate prices. Makes it easier for client to just choose the colour they like best.

Training - lecente is excellent, can't comment on sweet squared as never needed to use. Both do great live tutorials.

Ordering - both companies have next day delivery.

Nail art: Lecente nail art (glitters, foils etc) are amazing and can be used with shellac not just lecente gels.

Client nail quality - no problems with either if removed correctly.

Chemicals: Both brands are nasty chemical & HEMA free, Yay!

Service time: Same

Overall I would say that clients are more 'Wowed' by lecente colours and it is a bit tougher. The main difference that you will find is the removal, it does take a few goes to get it down to a fine art!
If your clients come back to you for removal and a new set you will be fine with lecente but for the clients that just want a one off set occasionally, they can be better with shellac because they can soak it off easily at home.

Hope this helps!

Both are good but there are differences which is why I have continued to offer both systems.

Compare / contrast:

Soak off:
Shellac - easy soak off, just wrap with offly fast for 10-15 mins and scrape off
Lecente - you have to buff off the top coat very thoroughly then wrap with acetone for 20 mins, then scrap off

Strength:
Lecente - harder gel polish , 14+ days, top coat non porous (possibly a bit shinier than shellac)
As always, some clients need a new set in 2.5 weeks and some go 6 weeks and all still perfect apart from the regrowth!

Colours:
Shellac - usually 4 collections per year, always popular but not many have a wow factor but they are classy
Lecente - 4 to 6 collections per year and many are very wow! which clients like. Highly pigmented so very glittery and fab coverage

Price: both ranges are about the same so I no longer have separate prices. Makes it easier for client to just choose the colour they like best.

Training - lecente is excellent, can't comment on sweet squared as never needed to use. Both do great live tutorials.

Nail art: Lecente nail art (glitters, foils etc) are amazing and can be used with shellac not just lecente gels.

Overall I would say that clients are more 'Wowed' by lecente colours and it is a bit tougher. The main difference that you will find is the removal, it does take a few goes to get it down to a fine art!
If your clients come back to you for removal and a new set you will be fine with lecente but for the clients that just want a one off set occasionally, they can be better with shellac because they can soak it off easily at home.

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for taking the time to thoroughly and honestly reply. I will let you know how I get on. Really appreciate it 🥰

Compare / contrast:

Soak off:

Strength:

Colours:

Hope this helps!
I have been scrolling through 100s of threads wondering which brand to go with and this has been sooo helpful, no bias, just honest, considered and fair. I'll be taking your advice. Thank you.

Hi again, just thought I'd update the lecente info I wrote above.... Lecente are about to launch a whole new range of primers, base coats and top coats so this might change how you feel about the range with regard to longevity and easy soak off.

Hi again, just thought I'd update the lecente info I wrote above.... Lecente are about to launch a whole new range of primers, base coats and top coats so this might change how you feel about the range with regard to longevity and easy soak off.

Ha I was about to say that Lecente have released new products but you beat me to it. I can honestly say that I love Lecente and the support you get from all the team is amazing. x

Latest posts

Back