LED lamp for ALL gels - at last

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarbaraC

Reaction score
S2 are now selling a mobile LED which cures all gels with the exception of CND Shellac - yes, you read it right ALL gels..... despite all the 'hype' we've been fed about only using the correct LED lamp for whatever gel you use now there's a 'one for all' and its known as Dashing Diva LED UK LightPod on the S2 website..... so you can mix and match?? :confused:

Think I might have to have a look at this as I'm stressing over what led lamp to get

It will cure all LED curable gels that say they should be cured in a LED light.
CND Shellac MUST be used in a CND UV lamp it says so in the manufacture instructions. Where as some products just say cure for 30 secs in a LED lamp. The Dashing Diva LED pod is a LED light :)

I don't know that that is quite so noteworthy. Both my OPI GelColor and Gelish 18g cure anything LED out there (and I believe the companies have confirmed this) although not called mobile. What I hope is that the statement "with the exception of CND Shellac" does not continue and that when CND Shellac becomes LED curable, it will be curable with existing LED lamps and not with a CND LED lamp only.

Its only notable cos its the first time I have seen anything which states 'cures all gels' (except Shellac although I would say my OPI and Essie lamps both cure it) - and its such a switch from the 'use the correct lamp or unspeakable things will happen' that we've been fed for years....

Its only notable cos its the first time I have seen anything which states 'cures all gels' (except Shellac although I would say my OPI and Essie lamps both cure it) - and its such a switch from the 'use the correct lamp or unspeakable things will happen' that we've been fed for years....

Really? Then that is different from the way it is here. There are lots of lamps that say they cure any LED gel (Star Nails, Ikonna, IBD Jet, for example). And that's all well and good for the lamp maker to say that. What we're still not seeing is the gel polish manufacturer saying - this gel works with any (# watt) LED lamp.

I say this not to diminish your point. I would welcome some standardization of gels and lamps as well as some guidance on intermixing systems. There is no reason for this craziness about lamps and systems.

I've kept up with the cnd lamp gate thing and I read all lamp questions that I see and one thing that is continuously DRUMMED into everyone that you would only used the lamp that is to go with your system because of service breakdown, under cured gel could make your arms fall off etc, this scaremongering really gets my goat, but now all of a sudden a lamp that can cure all !!! How can views change overnight ???
It was said in one thread that cnd can't test every gel with their lamps, correct, but now they're saying one lamp cures all !
I don't use the " correct " lamp but have NEVER had any problems but when I've dared say this I have been reprimanded ! :grr:

I've kept up with the cnd lamp gate thing and I read all lamp questions that I see and one thing that is continuously DRUMMED into everyone that you would only used the lamp that is to go with your system because of service breakdown, under cured gel could make your arms fall off etc, this scaremongering really gets my goat, but now all of a sudden a lamp that can cure all !!! How can views change overnight ???
It was said in one thread that cnd can't test every gel with their lamps, correct, but now they're saying one lamp cures all !
I don't use the " correct " lamp but have NEVER had any problems but when I've dared say this I have been reprimanded ! :grr:

Remember, the OP is speaking of an LED lamp and it is not claiming to cure CND Shellac - it says "Works with all LED gel systems [emphasis mine]."

Remember, the OP is speaking of an LED lamp and it is not claiming to cure CND Shellac - it says "Works with all LED gel systems [emphasis mine]."

I assumed as it was being sold by s2 it would be a cnd lamp not A generic lamp ?

I assumed as it was being sold by s2 it would be a cnd lamp not A generic lamp ?

Sweet squared sell other products as well as CND.
The new dashing diva light pod fits in perfectly to the dashin diva range that S2 stock as you can use it to cure the Dashin Dive Gelife base and top coat in 30 secs instead of 2 mins in a UV light. You can also use it to cure IBX and any other LED curable product that says you can cure it in an LED light

You live and learn, if I made gels and LED lamps I'd push for the same thing - its where the profit is after all.... my other half is a research chemist working for a large multinational and he's said the same thing as you and I - but what do I know? I've just experimented for the past couple of years and know what works with what but still they shoot me down :sad:

ive got 1 question i hope this is logical to everyone else, C.N.D claim shellac & brisa only cure under the C.N.D. lamp, they know this becouse they have tested both products, and we are assured this is the scientific evidence, NO other lamp will cure them, when asked about OTHER lamps we could use, we are told NO, they DO NOT know becouse C.N.D have not got the time to test ALL OTHER LAMPS, with shellac etc, so IF THAT IS THE CASE how do we know the brisa /c.nd. lamp will CURE ANY PRODUCT if it is NOT tested, or has C.N.D tested the lamp on all other gel polishes ? please do not shoot me down it is just a genuine question.

I'm finding it a bit odd that die hard UV users have been telling us up to now that an LED lamp does not speed up your gel polish service. However, apparently, LED really speeds up an IBX service??? Even the 4 finger cure Dashing Diva LED lamp???

Hang on.... 60 seconds in the DD LED or 2 minutes in UV, but the UV is 5 finger. If you work it out, total cure time for an IBX first service with Repair in a UV is 12 minutes, total cure time in the DD LED 4 finger lamp is 9 minutes. Not a great saving. If you can't cure your gel polish in the DD LED lamp, its hardly worth spending the money on.

Personally I don't like the look of the Dashing Diva lamp, too small and unprofessional looking to me (JMHO). I also wonder if its going to be a waste of money for Shellac users when/if CND introduce an LED lamp which is bound to be 5 finger.

As for the claim "Works with all LED gel systems", I am as amazed as everyone else that this statement is on the S2 website.

ive got 1 question i hope this is logical to everyone else, C.N.D claim shellac & brisa only cure under the C.N.D. lamp, they know this becouse they have tested both products, and we are assured this is the scientific evidence, NO other lamp will cure them, when asked about OTHER lamps we could use, we are told NO, they DO NOT know becouse C.N.D have not got the time to test ALL OTHER LAMPS, with shellac etc, so IF THAT IS THE CASE how do we know the brisa /c.nd. lamp will CURE ANY PRODUCT if it is NOT tested, or has C.N.D tested the lamp on all other gel polishes ? please do not shoot me down it is just a genuine question.

Legit question. The reason that we know that a CND lamp will work of other uv cured polishes is because those polishes have specified what works - generally a 36 watt UV lamp. That's what the CND lamp is, so it works on products that have that specification. For example, Jessica Geleration says • 36WATTS • 4x9 WATTBULBS; Gelish and ACG say "Recommended curing times are based on a 36-watt UV Lamp."; LeChat and IBD say "a 36watt UV light" and so on.

I think the other reason the CND lamp is sort of the gold standard for UV lights is that in order to make it hypoallergenic, CND Shellac has fewer and different photoinitiators in it, which make it a bit more difficult to cure. If a 36 watt lamp can properly cure CND Shellac, it can cure just about any UV polish!

this is Nice artical.
Thanks for it

Legit question. The reason that we know that a CND lamp will work of other uv cured polishes is because those polishes have specified what works - generally a 36 watt UV lamp. That's what the CND lamp is, so it works on products that have that specification. For example, Jessica Geleration says • 36WATTS • 4x9 WATTBULBS; Gelish and ACG say "Recommended curing times are based on a 36-watt UV Lamp."; LeChat and IBD say "a 36watt UV light" and so on.

I think the other reason the CND lamp is sort of the gold standard for UV lights is that in order to make it hypoallergenic, CND Shellac has fewer and different photoinitiators in it, which make it a bit more difficult to cure. If a 36 watt lamp can properly cure CND Shellac, it can cure just about any

So basically the brisa cnd lamps are just a normal 36 watt lamp and not the magical lamp it's always claimed it to be ? And so if this new lamp cures any gel then surely that means ANY lamp can cure brisa ?

I think the other reason the CND lamp is sort of the gold standard for UV lights is that in order to make it hypoallergenic, CND Shellac has fewer and different photoinitiators in it, which make it a bit more difficult to cure. If a 36 watt lamp can properly cure CND Shellac, it can cure just about any

So basically the brisa cnd lamps are just a normal 36 watt lamp and not the magical lamp it's always claimed it to be ? And so if this new lamp cures any gel then surely that means ANY lamp can cure brisa ?

I don't think there is anything 'magical' about the CND lamp! It is just the only one CND will guarantee to cure their products.

It doesn't mean that any lamp can cure Brisa nor Shellac as CND have made it clear that their products are not suitable for LED UV cure.

As far as speed is concerned, the point about applying a gel,polish is that you can be painting one hand while the other is in the lamp and many can't paint accurately in less than 2 mins. The IBX application is so quick that there isn't anything that can be done on the other hand until the end so an LED is quicker, even one that is a 4 finger only.

Has anyone used the new mobile LED lamp how does it work as it only looks like it opens one way?

Correct, it only claims to cure LED curable gels NOT all gels.

Normal UV lamps do not cure ALL UV cured products and many are specific to a system, just as always has been said.

There are no claims being made by Dashing Diva that contradict anything that has been said before, just a lack of understanding by some of the posters here as to which lamps are being referred to.

The light pod is a little gem of a light. Very reasonably priced, totally portable and you could own two of them for les than a third of the price of one of some lamps. If LED is what you are wanting the the Light Pod is affordable and worth it, a great way to get started with LED and if you decide at some stage to move on to larger lamps, then it will still be an amazing back up lamp if needed.

I was given a light pod by my friend and colleague of 35 years, Linda Nordstrom when I was in America for a few months recently and it has been a Godsend for me and IBX. I did not wear any colour for those few months and only used IBX on my nails.

Last edited:
I am mainly a CND Shellac gal, but I have a small collection of IBD Just Gel. I purchased the Lite Pod a couple of weeks ago. It is a 4 finger cure. Similar size to a DS Lite game (I have bought a Ds lite case to store mine, an idea I got from a fellow geek).
Toes are a bit trickier to cure, especially if your client has toes that curl under. but not impossible, you just need to work the position out.
It's light weight, v quiet, it sort of opens to a tilt/angle, if that makes sense, approx 60 degrees. It only has one cure setting of 45 seconds.
I didn't want another full size lamp, and to be honest, I fell in love with this the first time I saw it, so I just needed an excuse to buy it. For the mobile tech it's a must.
This (and my Izen Proshaker) are my favourite nail gadgets, but I love this so much, I may have to buy a second one, especially after reading Geegs inspiring post.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back