LED Lamp for IBD?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie83

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a gellux led lamp,....can I use it with IBD gel or must it only be a uv lamp??

Like I say I am a newbie and if I don't ask I will never learn so please play nice :) xxxxx

Thank you in advance xxx

Your best bet is to contact IBD and ask them. Or maybe someone who knows will come along. Best to check though x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, I don't know the answer but just wanted to say hi. You've obviously been reading posts on here prior to posting ;)
Hope someone's helps you x

Caroline
Nail Vibe x

Hiya knucks, thanks for the reply,...:) ..... I realise that some question may seem really stupid to people that have a lot of experience in the industry, as a newbie I will prob be asking a lot of daft questions but will hopefully be able to contribute to the site once I am a genius lol ;-) xxxx

I have recently purchased a gellux led lamp,....can I use it with IBD gel or must it only be a uv lamp??

Like I say I am a newbie and if I don't ask I will never learn so please play nice :) xxxxx

Thank you in advance xxx

Yes you can cure ibd in led lamp. You cure each layer for 30 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Great stuff, thank you loads x

Thank you in advance xxx

Btw most people on here are lovely and helpful but here are some that will give you a tongue lashing, ignore those ones x

Caroline
Nail Vibe x

Thank you in advance xxx

Hi there,

Yes, exactly as Wonderland described, cure ibd Just Gel Polish in LED lamp for 30 seconds per coat. Can also be cured in UV Lamp for 2 minutes per coat.

HTH :biggrin:

Sorry not sure if you were meaning gels or JGP :o

Lovely jubbly :) ...wanted to know for gel and gel polish ;-) ......my uv is on its last legs so thought I would give led a go, but then started panicking that I wouldn't be able to use some if my products with it and would have to carry two lamps (as I'm mobile ) ....I use IBD gel,...IBD gel polish and gellux xxx

Thank you in advance xxx

From what I understand, most LED lamps are they same wattage, they even look the same. I too was interested in the gellux lamp but still haven't managed to get one yet.

Most companies say that you have to use there lamps to get best results, but I think that's more marketing than technical. 👀

From what I understand, most LED lamps are they same wattage, they even look the same. I too was interested in the gellux lamp but still haven't managed to get one yet.

Most companies say that you have to use there lamps to get best results, but I think that's more marketing than technical. 👀

It's not about the wattage though...if only it were that simple :)

Its about UV output and bulb placement. Yes some gel polishes can be cured in any old generic lamp, but when a company says it has to be a specific lamp then I would take heed and follow their instructions before I shelled out my hard earned money.

It's not about the wattage though...if only it were that simple :)

Its about UV output and bulb placement. Yes some gel polishes can be cured in any old generic lamp, but when a company says it has to be a specific lamp then I would take heed and follow their instructions before I shelled out my hard earned money.

Yes we did get told that by our trainer that it makes a difference.

Yes you can cure ibd in led lamp. You cure each layer for 30 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Does it work just for the nail polish or will it work with the gels also?

I use the Gelish 6G lamp to cure my IBD just gel polishes, however I've been told that the soak off gels don't cure in an LED light, they must be cured for the full 3 mins in a UV light

Okay, thank you so much :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back