LED lamp with IBD Just Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emg1988

Reaction score
I am using Ibd just gel polish with an Ibd uv lamp. Its taking so long to cure so I need help on which led lamp to buy. I read you should only use the lamp that is for your brand but Ibd no longer sell lamps. I have emailed Graftons but haven't heard anything back.

Thanks in advance.

Ibd shows 3 lamps on their website, are they not available in the UK?

Ibd shows 3 lamps on their website, are they not available in the UK?
No they have discontinued all there lamps, they do show on the website but not available to buy

They used to stock the IBD lamp at my local wholesalers. If there is somewhere locally that stocks IBD it may be worth checking with them.

No they have discontinued all there lamps, they do show on the website but not available to buy

How strange, are they reissuing them or something? It's a very strange thing to do. I'd try contacting idb direct for info rather than Grafton

Thinking about it, it may have been a while back, I just didnt think it was that long ago!

Quite frustrating really as the gel itself is good. I have read on other forums just to buy an led lamp so need recommendations on a good one that i know will cure this gel.

Quite frustrating really as the gel itself is good. I have read on other forums just to buy an led lamp so need recommendations on a good one that i know will cure this gel.

You really need this information directly from ibd not randoms on the internet, please ask them why they are not providing lamps in the UK and update us with their reply. I'm really interested in their responses.

You really need this information directly from ibd not randoms on the internet, please ask them why they are not providing lamps in the UK and update us with their reply. I'm really interested in their responses.
My questions was to any other gel users who use ibd just gel and what lamp they use. I will get in contact with the company and find out.

I am using Ibd just gel polish with an Ibd uv lamp. Its taking so long to cure so I need help on which led lamp to buy. I read you should only use the lamp that is for your brand but Ibd no longer sell lamps. I have emailed Graftons but haven't heard anything back.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, did you ever get an answer back regarding this? I've been trying to find out the same and just got the following email from grafton along with an attachment with a list of the lamps they stock and their specifications and prices (I wont post that as I dont know if it would breach any forum rules plus it held no information about ibd or what specifications its polish requires so was pointless) anyway looks as if any decent led lamp can be used from what they said.
20190405_120252.jpeg

Hi, did you ever get an answer back regarding this? I've been trying to find out the same and just got the following email from grafton along with an attachment with a list of the lamps they stock and their specifications and prices (I wont post that as I dont know if it would breach any forum rules plus it held no information about ibd or what specifications its polish requires so was pointless) anyway looks as if any decent led lamp can be used from what they said. View attachment 208684
Hi, I couldn't get an answer anywhere unfortunately except from grafton which they told me the orly lamps will work. I disagree that any led lamp will cure it as I tried the Gelish lamp with them and it didnt go too well as they chipped within a day. I decided to take a chance and got the ibd led ilite lamp shipped from America and it works perfectly and gels still going strong after a week. Hope this has helped

Hi, I couldn't get an answer anywhere unfortunately except from grafton which they told me the orly lamps will work. I disagree that any led lamp will cure it as I tried the Gelish lamp with them and it didnt go too well as they chipped within a day. I decided to take a chance and got the ibd led ilite lamp shipped from America and it works perfectly and gels still going strong after a week. Hope this has helped
Thanks very much. Am I right in thinking that gelish is 36w? I'm thinking maybe it requires a 48w lamp then? Could I ask where in America you got the lamp from? As I might need to do the same. Did anyone ever advise you on what brand of lamps they use for it? Surely everyone on here that uses ibd hasnt imported them form America? It's strange that it's so difficult to obtain information on this. Thanks for you help.

Thanks very much. Am I right in thinking that gelish is 36w? I'm thinking maybe it requires a 48w lamp then? Could I ask where in America you got the lamp from? As I might need to do the same. Did anyone ever advise you on what brand of lamps they use for it? Surely everyone on here that uses ibd hasnt imported them form America? It's strange that it's so difficult to obtain information on this. Thanks for you help.
I'm not quite sure as I borrowed the gelish lamp from another therapist friend. I never managed to find an answer with regards to the brand of lamp, very frustrating. I admit I bought mine from Ebay in the end. No problem, hope you manage to get sorted.

Latest posts

Back