LED light therapy annoyance!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vicki, i am a nurse practitioner and prescriber and do nothing with out evidenced based practice which is why i have asked for clinical research regarding the statements that have been made, also before i was a nurse i was an engineer for 18 years, i worked with LED lights in thier infancy and know about light spectrums and how they work, also the fact that a red LED is in the spectrum required otherwise the colour would not be red as its the colour that dictates the nm, an LED is a light emitting diode that is connected to a power supply,

What determines the color of an LED?
The material used in the semiconducting element of an LED determines its color. The two main types of LEDs presently used for lighting systems are aluminum gallium indium phosphide (AlGaInP, sometimes rearranged as AlInGaP) alloys for red, orange and yellow LEDs; and indium gallium nitride (InGaN) alloys for green, blue and white LEDs. Slight changes in the composition of these alloys changes the color of the emitted light.
http://www.lrc.rpi.edu/programs/nlpip/lightinganswers/led/color.asp

Anti-Aging Effects for Skin and Hair Loss

One use of red light laser therapy that’s growing in popularity is reversing signs of ageing on the skin (i.e, wrinkles and fine lines). Results from a 2014 study published in Photomedicine and Laser Surgery demonstrated both efficacy and safety for red light therapy in promoting anti-aging skin rejuvenation and intradermal collagen increase when compared against controls. (7) Researchers concluded that red infrared therapy “provides a safe, non-ablative, non-thermal, atraumatic photobiomodulation treatment of skin tissue with high patient satisfaction rates.”

Subjects treated with red light therapy experienced significantly improved skin complexion, improved skin tone, improved texture/feeling, reduced skin roughness, reduced signs of wrinkles and fine lines, and increased collagen density as measured through ultrasonographic tests. Patients with Roscea and redness have also found relief using LLLT, even those who are unable to tolerate higher-heat laser therapies.

Yet another anti-aging effect of red light therapy is reversing hair loss and stimulating follicle growth, which works in many of the same ways as red light therapy for wound healing. Results have been mixed according to studies, but at least a moderate portion of both male and female patients have had positive results for reversing baldness/hair loss when using LLLT. (8)
https://draxe.com/red-light-therapy/View attachment 205589

I can not find any evidence where the lights need to be calibrated in any way shape or form, that's why I am asking, as i said i deal in looking at hard evidence and being able to produce that evidence to back up my treatments, as i want to bring the best to my patients as i would if i was still working in Accident and Emergency department or a Walk In Centre, from what i can find its the colour that the light emits dictates the nm it works in

regards
Vicki, i am a nurse practitioner and prescriber and do nothing with out evidenced based practice which is why i have asked for clinical research regarding the statements that have been made, also before i was a nurse i was an engineer for 18 years, i worked with LED lights in thier infancy and know about light spectrums and how they work, also the fact that a red LED is in the spectrum required otherwise the colour would not be red as its the colour that dictates the nm, an LED is a light emitting diode that is connected to a power supply,

The material used in the semiconducting element of an LED determines its color. The two main types of LEDs presently used for lighting systems are aluminum gallium indium phosphide (AlGaInP, sometimes rearranged as AlInGaP) alloys for red, orange and yellow LEDs; and indium gallium nitride (InGaN) alloys for green, blue and white LEDs. Slight changes in the composition of these alloys changes the color of the emitted light.

One use of red light laser therapy that’s growing in popularity is reversing signs of ageing on the skin (i.e, wrinkles and fine lines). Results from a 2014 study published in Photomedicine and Laser Surgery demonstrated both efficacy and safety for red light therapy in promoting anti-aging skin rejuvenation and intradermal collagen increase when compared against controls. (7) Researchers concluded that red infrared therapy “provides a safe, non-ablative, non-thermal, atraumatic photobiomodulation treatment of skin tissue with high patient satisfaction rates.”

Subjects treated with red light therapy experienced significantly improved skin complexion, improved skin tone, improved texture/feeling, reduced skin roughness, reduced signs of wrinkles and fine lines, and increased collagen density as measured through ultrasonographic tests. Patients with Roscea and redness have also found relief using LLLT, even those who are unable to tolerate higher-heat laser therapies.

Yet another anti-aging effect of red light therapy is reversing hair loss and stimulating follicle growth, which works in many of the same ways as red light therapy for wound healing. Results have been mixed according to studies, but at least a moderate portion of both male and female patients have had positive results for reversing baldness/hair loss when using LLLT. (8)

I can not find any evidence where the lights need to be calibrated in any way shape or form, that's why I am asking, as i said i deal in looking at hard evidence and being able to produce that evidence to back up my treatments, as i want to bring the best to my patients as i would if i was still working in Accident and Emergency department or a Walk In Centre, from what i can find its the colour that the light emits dictates the nm it works in

regards
Hi there , please could you e mail me also the info on your led masks and canopy please and where they are made including price . Thank you

Hi there , please could you e mail me also the info on your led masks and canopy please and where they are made including price . Thank you
Hi I am also looking into led equipement please could you send me your website details? Cath.whitehouse [email protected] Many thanks Cath

Last edited:

regards
Please can you send me more info on the LED devices you supply at [email protected]. thank you.

I have worked a lot with LED and use it in my salon. You need to have clinically proven LED at the correct nanometers (nm) or it's just guesswork. You also need your machine to be calibrated to ensure the nm don't 'stray' and stay true.
A good machine that works effectively isn't cheap. All led is not the same.

Vic x

Hellooo

What system do you use please?

I'm wondering if you have something different/better than us so would be keen to know what system you refer to and if there have been any hiccups or you're utterly satisfied.

Thanks!!

Hellooo

What system do you use please?

I'm wondering if you have something different/better than us so would be keen to know what system you refer to and if there have been any hiccups or you're utterly satisfied.

Thanks!!
I use a Dermalux. It uses the only three clinically proven led - red, blue and near infra red. All the other colours offered are unproven. The machine is calibrated so the rays don’t stray, so when you offer the treatment, you know exactly what you’re offering. The bulbs are specific, so you have blue led bulbs to offer blue led light as oppose to different coloured lights shining through the same bulbs. The cost of the machine puts people off but it has been a massive benefit to our skin clinic and is a lot less claustrophobic than masks.

Vic x

LED / PDT therapy is a great stand alone treatment or when used in conjunction with other treatment can be amazing for skin, the prices set by the UK companies are extraordinary high, most of these machines/Masks are imported and the mark up is terrifying, after all they are in business like the rest of us, we supply masks to the beauty industry for a fraction of the price of the larger companies, being new on here i hope I am not breaking any rules, please delete if i am and offer my appologies
Hi im interested in led therapy.have u website
Thanx yvonne

Hi
LED / PDT therapy is a great stand alone treatment or when used in conjunction with other treatment can be amazing for skin, the prices set by the UK companies are extraordinary high, most of these machines/Masks are imported and the mark up is terrifying, after all they are in business like the rest of us, we supply masks to the beauty industry for a fraction of the price of the larger companies, being new on here i hope I am not breaking any rules, please delete if i am and offer my appologies
Hi could you please send me some information on what you supply along with prices please.

Hi

Could i please get some info please - [email protected]

Unfortunately, the poster you’ve quoted has been absent from this website since September of last year.

However, the only clinically proven nanometers are red led at 633nm, blue led at 415nm and Near Infra Red at 830nm. There is no clinical evidence that any other light sources and colours, such as green or yellow, affect the skin. Outside of these nm will have an effect but it will take longer to target the chromophore x
You know your stuff squidgernetball! What masks do you use under your LED mask? X

You know your stuff squidgernetball! What masks do you use under your LED mask? X

I use the Dermalux which is a canopy rather than a mask. Excellent results x

Please
Hi im interested in led therapy.have u website
Thanx yvonne
[/QUOTE

Hi I am also looking for LED therapy please can you email me? Adele

Hi Pybo, I’m also interested can you pm me as well pls. Thank you.

Hi Pybo, I’m also interested can you pm me as well pls. Thank you.

This thread was created 3 years ago, and the quoted poster has been absent for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back