LED or UV lamp for Shellac?

kelliewoowoo

So I need to buy a new shellac lamp but do I get the trusty cnd uv lamp or go for the new led one???
Opinions please x

pure

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are they still selling the UV lamp? I thought it had been discontinued.

Noodle

Staff member
Are they still selling the UV lamp? I thought it had been discontinued.
Both are showing as available from S2.

Noodle

Staff member
So I need to buy a new shellac lamp but do I get the trusty cnd uv lamp or go for the new led one???
Opinions please x
I’ve only used the LED lamp, so can’t comment on the UV, but it does what is should and more quickly than the UV.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Definitely the LED lamp- I have used both the LED lamp cures shellac quicker which makes a difference with finishing times and the UV lamp you have to replace the bulbs- you don’t have to worry about this with the LED.
The LED look nicer too and easier to clean.

Ai4Linh

You can alway buy hybrid lamp that can cure both led and uv gel

Jo6526

Just bumping this up - anyone else prefer LED to UV.

My issue is will.i still be able to buy the bulbs for the UV if its being discontinued?

GemmiLou

Newbie Nail Tech

My issue is will.i still be able to buy the bulbs for the UV if its being discontinued?
Yes but the bulbs are not cheap! Led all the way x

Myden

I have both but prefer the LED. Always buy the latest design available that way you keep up with trends. Not sure they will discontinue the bulbs any time soon but you never know, with LED you don’t have that problem! The LED lamp is like a Rolls Royce when comparing to the UV version.