LED or UV lamp for Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelliewoowoo

Reaction score
So I need to buy a new shellac lamp but do I get the trusty cnd uv lamp or go for the new led one???
Opinions please x

Are they still selling the UV lamp? I thought it had been discontinued.

Are they still selling the UV lamp? I thought it had been discontinued.

Both are showing as available from S2.

So I need to buy a new shellac lamp but do I get the trusty cnd uv lamp or go for the new led one???
Opinions please x

I’ve only used the LED lamp, so can’t comment on the UV, but it does what is should and more quickly than the UV.

Definitely the LED lamp- I have used both the LED lamp cures shellac quicker which makes a difference with finishing times and the UV lamp you have to replace the bulbs- you don’t have to worry about this with the LED.
The LED look nicer too and easier to clean.

You can alway buy hybrid lamp that can cure both led and uv gel

Just bumping this up - anyone else prefer LED to UV.

My issue is will.i still be able to buy the bulbs for the UV if its being discontinued?

My issue is will.i still be able to buy the bulbs for the UV if its being discontinued?
Yes but the bulbs are not cheap! Led all the way x

I have both but prefer the LED. Always buy the latest design available that way you keep up with trends. Not sure they will discontinue the bulbs any time soon but you never know, with LED you don’t have that problem! The LED lamp is like a Rolls Royce when comparing to the UV version.

Latest posts

Back