left-ily challanged

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heli

Reaction score
hey,
i always seem to struggle to do some nice acrylics on my own right hand (right handed) i was just wondering if anyone has some tips for this!
thanks! x

I allways try to make sure I do them when I'm on my own and there's as little chance as possible to be interrupted. Make use of the ladies, put on some nice music and start off with the hand that's most difficult to me (right hand).
I allways turn my hand towards me when working. But after reading about it on another messageboard I once in while keep my hand down with the nails facing away from me. Allthough I still prefer the usual way I can imagine others finding the other way easier.

Now I sometimes even find my nails on the right hand better looking then the ones on the left because of the extra care and attention I've paid to them.

Good luck!
Manuela

Heli said:
hey,
i always seem to struggle to do some nice acrylics on my own right hand (right handed) i was just wondering if anyone has some tips for this!
thanks! x
hi heli
i had the same problem ...left hand was always sharp but my smile lines on the right were blurry to say the least:rolleyes:
i now balance each finger on my right hand on a white block ...so it is raised ...somehow makes things easier for me:lol: and when i apply my white i first apply quite wet ...in a very thin layer ...because it is wet it gives me the extra time i need to perfect the smile line ...then i apply another normal consistency bead so that the colour is correct ...but am careful not to ruin my smile line placement ...the reason i need to apply that second bead is because the white has a tinge of violet to it because it was wetter than normal .i have never had a problem with shrinkage as it drys ...thankfully :biggrin:
be extra careful not to get that first bead on the skin as when it is wetter it does tend to slide a little:eek:
this works for me anyway .
take care
debbie

thanks for those,i never have tried smile lines on my right hand,i've always inlayed things and gone over with clear acrylic or used mosaic powders and done camoflage tips (i have them now - orange yellow and red!) but i may have to try doing some smiles soon...although those heart valentine nails are next - better late than never! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back