Left my job!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooky

Reaction score
Well, worked in a pub 20 hours a week, been there for nearly 2 years whilst my young son is growing up and I am planning my next beauty move!!:) (worked on beauty counters and planning on building a bridal business) so, a lady whom is 54 years old started working at the pub (had previously worked in another pub and would see my mum once a week for tea ect) as they met when my mum used to go into her old work place for tea and cake. Friday just gone I went to collect my wages and all the girls were standing at the end of the bar chatting (per usual). I'm a mother of 2 and 33 years old most of the girls are between 19 and 26 (apart from Karen) so I dont have much in common with them and work was becoming tedious with all the backstabbing, general chat ect. So as I walked to the bar one of the girls said 'your mums a mug off' I chose to ignore it as I was talking then she said it again. I asked what was meant by that remark and she said 'your mums let Karen down for tea' bearing in mind my mum hadn't arranged anything and what on earth gave her the right to speak in that context! Those words 'your mums a mug off' made me very upset and I told her 'you don't speak like that, it's very rude ect' so I called my manager to tell him the situation in which I got reprimanded for making my feelings clear. My day Saturday at work was so uncomfortable and at the end of my shift Karen (who seems to make every situation her business) made an un necessary comment not realising I was there so I confronted Karen then told my manager I wouldn't be back!! So am now without a job and feel so annoyed that I have let this woman get the better of me. This is the short version! Should I have handled the situation better! I know it's too late now and I'm the one that's lost out so be gentle geeks! Who speaks like that!!!!!xx

Hi. I hope you are ok. I'm sorry it happened. Relationships are never easy, specially if you are honest about your feelings all the time. I've learnt that in the hard way.
Try to see the bright side as you have all the other doors open now. Try to make the most of it.
Good luck with everything.
Hugs

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

You're better off out of there! Now you can do something much more fulfilling career wise x

Don't be sad, you've just opened the door to a new chapter :D - good luck xxx

Girls! Thankyou so much, it's just the regular income and routine I care for. I have a meeting with one of the management team tomo at 1pm just to put across my concerns and why I feel like I can't go back to working within that pub. It's a very well known establishment and there's a chain of pubs so if he offers me somewhere else I will accept though only 2 days a week. I cannot and refuse to go back!!!! I am sticking by my decision. Thanks for that girls makes me feel better. Big hugs to you all too. Hope your happy! :) xx

Latest posts

Back