Left over tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tammye1234

Reaction score
this is proberly a silly question but currently use sienna x spray tan,ive got 2 bottles (one 8% and 10% with only a bit of tan in each-not enough for a full tan) could i mix the 2 together and would that make a 18% lol i hate to throw it away as its not cheap

No you'd get 9% assuming you have the same amount of each...

Is it ok to mix different brands - like a nouvatan 12% & a medium xen-tan? Not enough in the bottles for a full tan x

No, if you mixed a 10% & an 8% together it would make a 9%, add the % together for example (10 + 8 = 18 divided by 2 = 9% you must always mix equal measures, so 50ml of 10% & 50ml of 8% would make 100ml of 9% (sienna say not to mix there solution, I think that's to make you buy more % to be honest) i use nouvatan & it is fully mixable (if mixable is even a word? lol) but I've read on here quite a few times that ladies DO mix Sienna together with no problems. Never mix different brands together though. Hope I've explained that so it makes sense to you x

That made me laugh Tinx! Thanks Lush - i think i'll have to use the dregs of the bottles on me - so it'll be xen-tan on top & nouvatan 12% on my legs!!!!:D

I think it's fine to mix if it's the same brand. I use LA and I used to pop a little bit of gold in with 10% when I was having my tan and doing my sisters, gave a deep golden colour ;)

Out of interest, do you pour unused tan back into its original bottle or leave it in the cup? I have 1 client who is the only one who has one of my darker tans (OMG 16%) - am i doing the wrong thing pouring back into the bottle between tans (approx 2-3 weeks) ?

Out of interest, do you pour unused tan back into its original bottle or leave it in the cup? I have 1 client who is the only one who has one of my darker tans (OMG 16%) - am i doing the wrong thing pouring back into the bottle between tans (approx 2-3 weeks) ?

I just leave mine in the cup, I have spare cups & labels so everything is marked & stored away to save any confusion. it is recommended not to pour back into the big bottles but it's up to you if you do or not, not something I do now (used to) i just now find it's easier to just have it all in seperate cups & keep topping the cups up x

Sorry I was in "one of them moods" lol

And when I am I tend to answer yes/no questions... well... with JUST yes or no ;)

Yes you can pour solution back in a bottle if you're happy it's not been contaminated with any thing else (make sure your cup is clean and DRY before you use it)

I have several cups too and keep my solutions in there... and top up as I need it... like Lush :)

Just be SURE you label it! (Guess who made THAT mistake the first time... :o)

Thanks Lush (no need to apologise):biggrin:& Tinx. My cups are always clean & dry before use but i will stop pouring back into bottle to avoid risk of contamination. Do you just use regular stick on labels & do you wash your cups on a regular basis ?

I do that and write the brand and percentage on the side of the cup with a Sharpie pen. It DOES smudge though and I have to keep rapplying it! (permanent marker my as*)

I do that and write the brand and percentage on the side of the cup with a Sharpie pen. It DOES smudge though and I have to keep rapplying it! (permanent marker my as*)

I put selotape over the label to stop it smudging. xx

Thanks guys - its labels & cello tape for me then! x

I keep small amounts of my solutions in the cups and then top them up when I need to, the cups are kept in the same place as my litre bottles so are kept cool and dark but are easy to grab when I need them for an appointment (I'm mobile).

Just write on the bottom of the cups and the writing should last for longer (no label just on the cup itself).

I have 10, 12, 14, F (for Fast), under my cups written with sharpie and they have lasted about a year and just put a letter for the brand so for example Sienna could be S10, S12 etc.... and Nouvatan could be N10, N12 etc...

I keep small amounts of my solutions in the cups and then top them up when I need to, the cups are kept in the same place as my litre bottles so are kept cool and dark but are easy to grab when I need them for an appointment (I'm mobile).

Just write on the bottom of the cups and the writing should last for longer (no label just on the cup itself).

I have 10, 12, 14, F (for Fast), under my cups written with sharpie and they have lasted about a year and just put a letter for the brand so for example Sienna could be S10, S12 etc.... and Nouvatan could be N10, N12 etc...

That all makes perfect sense - my bag weighs a tonne carrying round litre bottles of solution!x

If I'm doing a lot of tans in one place or going from appointment to appointment I take my litre bottles in their cool bag and keep that in the footwell of the passenger seat - I do not take that bag into clients houses, I top up the cups with what I will need while I'm in my car and then take the cups into the clients houses in my kit.

This means I have my solution if I need it and can top up as much as I need to between client appointments but the litre bottles stay upright, cool and in the dark :biggrin: with no risk of me tipping solution in a clients house.

Latest posts

Back