Left uncomfortable from client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimeelouise93

Reaction score
So I had a dad bring his daughter for a haircut in maybe Sept time. He brought her in again on Saturday past. He asked for it to be cut and straightened that was fine, all was ok.

I run a fb page for my business, he left a review saying thanks for ******* Christmas hair, she loves it.

He then private message my business saying thanks for ******* hair she is really pleased, will def be back! So as not to be rude I replied saying thanks so much, i have noticed your review and appreciate it. Hope you have a lovely Christmas. He responded saying no worries you too. End of conversation.

I then woke up Sunday morning and he had sent another message to my business page saying 'ps.. you are hot as, ;-)'

Didnt respond. Its so inappropriate! He has now attempted to add my personal facebook page, he has sent me a poke on fb also.

How do I tackle this? I feel so uncomfortable!! Ive only just turned 21 and he is in his late 30s possibly with a daughter. I havent responded to him but i dont want to come back to the salon. But then i cant always say oh im fully booked for that day or whatever?

HELP:(:(:(

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should delete his comment and message him saying that while you are happy his daughter likes the cut, the statement about your physical appearance was inappropriate and unwanted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Men like that are disgusting and embarrassing.

It has turned me!! I only started in September, but i think he has been taking her to the salon for a while. I will have to speak tosalon owner, because if i dont respond and he comes in to another girl I will feel uncomfortable.

Its disgusting!! The onky comment people can see is the review. The comment on my appearance was sent privately...

As above or PM him saying 'your boyfriend reads your Facebook pages and you'd hate for him to get the wrong end of the stick over some client's middle aged dad, lol.'

(I know you said he was about thirty but his ego will take a bruising if he believes you genuinely think he's over the hill.)

Can you block users from a business page? I'd hate to bad mouthed because his ego would be dented!

Im such a soft touch! I hate confrontation!

It has turned me!! I only started in September, but i think he has been taking her to the salon for a while. I will have to speak tosalon owner, because if i dont respond and he comes in to another girl I will feel uncomfortable.

Its disgusting!! The onky comment people can see is the review. The comment on my appearance was sent privately...

Lol welcome to the real world! Most men will try their luck with a 21 year old lol it makes them feel good about themselves, if

Oops pressed send

If u feel uncomfortable why do u need to reply and why would it matter if they went to another girl?

I wouldnt want when he phoned for whoever he answered to say 'Aimees fully booked, However i can fit you in with such and such a stylist' then when he comes in, Im not busy?

Just go to the staff room 😂

Does not matter really.

Some males opinions on this would be good.... Do you think it's appropriate to tell a girl of you think she's "hot as"?

Maybe it's the age gap that's freaked you out but i see stuff like this happen daily

I'm male. I don't think it's appropriate. I wouldn't say it to a girl or a guy under those circumstances.

I agree with ts, it's very inappropriate and not to mention irrelevant. You cut his daughters hair and he's trying it on with you. Just wrong really😳

For me it's a professional setting. Comments like that are harassment.

It is inappropriate but If you thought he was hot too, you wouldn't have a problem with it.

I've had clients message me before when they find me on Facebook, if I fancy them too I'll message them back. If I don't I'll ignore them. They are the ones who will be embarrassed if they ever come back to the Salon lol, they got rejected!

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Jamie! :confused:

It is inappropriate but If you thought he was hot too, you wouldn't have a problem with it.

I've had clients message me before when they find me on Facebook, if I fancy them too I'll message them back. If I don't I'll ignore them. They are the ones who will be embarrassed if they ever come back to the Salon lol, they got rejected!

Phew! 😰 I thought I was the only person in the world thinking that!

😂😂😂 I'm in agreement here. But like as Aimee said it turned her so she clearly doesn't think he's hot😂

😂😂😂 I'm in agreement here. But like as Aimee said it turned her so she clearly doesn't think he's hot😂

Yeah so just ignore him, bet he won't come back to the Salon now, especially if he can see you've red the message and ignored it, he must be feeling like an idiot.

Latest posts

Back