Left uncomfortable from client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will you reply Aimee? Had you thought of it in a lighter hearted way like has been talked about here? Do you think if it had been a 20 year old you'd think of it differently?

Yeah so just ignore him, bet he won't come back to the Salon now, especially if he can see you've red the message and ignored it, he must be feeling like an idiot.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Im hoping your right! But i do just see it ad a professional setting, I mean most men meet people in bars or restaurants thats where youd probably look. Not in your local salo 😂

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Will you reply Aimee? Had you thought of it in a lighter hearted way like has been talked about here? Do you think if it had been a 20 year old you'd think of it differently?

No I havent replied and don't plan too! I don't think id see it as lighthearted, I just find it slightly stalkerish as he sent message, was ignored, then added me on facebook, i didnt accept so then he went to send a poke over Facebook. He has now been liking statuses etc which im unsure how as I was positive my personal profile was set to completely private!

I

Im hoping your right! But i do just see it ad a professional setting, I mean most men meet people in bars or restaurants thats where youd probably look. Not in your local salo 😂

Yeah its a professional setting but its not like were doctors or teachers; professions where we are abusing a power of trust if we date a client.

Take it as a compliment he fancies you. There is no way that this is harassment it's one message! If he continues to message you then it becomes harassment.

If he does come back he will have his tail tucked firmly between his legs lol.

And what do you mean turned you? That normally means made you gay lmao!

It is inappropriate but If you thought he was hot too, you wouldn't have a problem with it.

I've had clients message me before when they find me on Facebook, if I fancy them too I'll message them back. If I don't I'll ignore them. They are the ones who will be embarrassed if they ever come back to the Salon lol, they got rejected!

Lol sorry this did make me laugh 😂

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

No I havent replied and don't plan too! I don't think id see it as lighthearted, I just find it slightly stalkerish as he sent message, was ignored, then added me on facebook, i didnt accept so then he went to send a poke over Facebook. He has now been liking statuses etc which im unsure how as I was positive my personal profile was set to completely private!

I

Amy, going by the tone of your messags it is obvious that you are upset, doesn't matter if the guy is 18 or 80. I think if you respond as a professional, he'll get the point. if not, he can delude himself into thinking you are playing hard to get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah its a professional setting but its not like were doctors or teachers; professions where we are abusing a power of trust if we date a client.

Take it as a compliment he fancies you. There is no way that this is harassment it's one message! If he continues to message you then it becomes harassment.

If he does come back he will have his tail tucked firmly between his legs lol.

And what do you mean turned you? That normally means made you gay lmao!

I just don't think its appropriate, just because were not Doctors or Teachers doesnt mean its okay! Im not saying its Harassment, he didnt take the hint when i never replied. He thought it best to add my personal profile.

I mean turned me as in Turned my stomach! Haha!!

I agree! People perceive us as professional or unprofessional often based on our standards of conduct. This isn't a sex business. It's hairdressing for god sakes.

I agree! People perceive us as professional or unprofessional often based on our standards of conduct. This isn't a sex business. It's hairdressing for god sakes.

I know!! In my head I just cant picture doing such a thing! I mean i wouldnt message a waiter from a restaurant to say thanks for the service by the way your quite good looking!! 😂

I know!! In my head I just cant picture doing such a thing! I mean i wouldnt message a waiter from a restaurant to say thanks for the service by the way your quite good looking!! 😂

I'd just say it to them in the restaurant

Of course it's not a sex business but I think you guys should lighten up a bit. It's not as if he has said something sexual.

When I was at college there was a female client in her 70s and she smacked my bum once! She asked for my number a couple of times to, I took it as a laugh and a joke but she was flirting!

I just laughed it off, but then that's a whole other topic! Men coming on to women, vs Women coming on to men x

I've had guys verbally try to over step the mark while sitting in the chair, I just threaten them with a bald patch if they carry on, I just look at as banter...I guess a thick skin comes with age

Of course it's not a sex business but I think you guys should lighten up a bit. It's not as if he has said something sexual.

When I was at college there was a female client in her 70s and she smacked my bum once! She asked for my number a couple of times to, I took it as a laugh and a joke but she was flirting!

I just laughed it off, but then that's a whole other topic! Men coming on to women, vs Women coming on to men x

Jaime, I think you aren't intending to, but you're telling this young lady how she should percieve an overtly sexual advance made by a client after a visit to her place of business. You can take advances made toward yourself as you like, but it's not okay to tell her how she should feel.

He's not, and I agree completely with him, people tell lifeguards or gym staff or shop staff or resteraunt staff their fit every day, how that person chooses to take that is up to them, he's just saying how he sees it, I see it the same too

Jaime, I think you aren't intending to, but you're telling this young lady how she should percieve an overtly sexual advance made by a client after a visit to her place of business. You can take advances made toward yourself as you like, but it's not okay to tell her how she should feel.

She asked for advice on how to take this. I gave my opinion.

A sexual advance is when someone touches someone inappropriately, not messages you on Facebook. And 21 isn't that young, I'm 22 maybe I'm just a lot more confident than most.

But if it upsets you Aimee, you can block him from your business profile, I'm not sure how but you can. Then let everyone I'm your salon know for if he comes back.

She asked for advice on how to take this. I gave my opinion.

A sexual advance is when someone touches someone inappropriately, not messages you on Facebook. And 21 isn't that young, I'm 22 maybe I'm just a lot more confident than most.

But if it upsets you Aimee, you can block him from your business profile, I'm not sure how but you can. Then let everyone I'm your salon know for if he comes back.

If i made it out like a sexual advance then it wasnt intended! Dont get me wrong some people can take it on the chin, but it just makes me feel uncomfortable that hes been in the salon twice and has message me like that!

The fact hes a grown man with a child, possibly a girlfriend, who knows? Makes me feel uneasy!

Sorry Jamie. I realize I came off as scolding. I'm 36 years old and love younger people (not in a pedo way), and your right, you just stated your opinion.

I was just trying to validate how Amy felt. Thinking about how I'd feel if she was my daughter or sister.

In this industry tho a lot of males are like this, a lot of females are too tho

Sorry no offence, but..he only told her she was hot as, he didn't say he wanted to bed her...he payed a compliment, not a filthy degrotory advance.

One of which could of been simply squashed by... Thanks my boyfriend think so too...or just ignored him...end of!
No need for a song and Dance, it may notbe the last time it happens with others, just ignore it and laugh it off

Is he married?
Regardless if you replied or not some women can turn vicious when it comes to their husbands flirting with younger girls. I know your completely innocent in this but if the situation arises where you have his wife come in for a slagging match be prepared 😂
But I have to agree with jamie on this one. This comes with working closely with the general public. If he really persists then say something!

Latest posts

Back