Leg waxing timing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejboyle

Reaction score
Need help improving waxing times. Im still really at college timings when ot comes to legs, how do I improve? Is it just more I do the more I'll get faster or is there anything I can do to help?

I currently work in a spa where really I do mainly massage facials and the odd brow/lip wax. And also work in a hospital and obviously I don't do waxing on any patients there lol.

The more you do the quicker you will become, but it also helps to have a routine.

I like to start them laying on their front. I apply wax to the entire lower left leg, remove. Upper leg, remove. Repeat on right leg. Oil. Turn over. Repeat on front of legs, but also have a section for the knees whilst the legs are bent.

When you apply the wax to the back of the legs make sure you cover as much skin as you can because when you turn over there will be less to do and you won't have to manoeuvre your client as much x

I find when you place the strip in a diagonal position it works better and quicker for me as I have not done very much waxing as we get so few in our hotel however I have to look as though I have done thousands good luck x

I use wax rollers for legs and arms but spatial for face and under arm bikini area. So it's all down to practice and what you comfortable with.
I can do full leg wax arm wax under arm and bikini in under hour but I do hundreds of waxing clients per week. However you get that one client who is not like your usualys which takes longer so it's assessed per client not a blanket rule for everyone.
I been waxing since 1998 so 19 years , it takes time but once you practice it gets easier.

All great tips. Its strange at college you have to do it one way but then all chances in real world. I like the idea of doing the back of legs first. When applying all the wax and then just removing stupid question will the wax not set a little?

Ive never tried wax roller I have got one but never tried, would you say its quicker for legs? Should I stick to 'normal' waxing first and then move on to roller or just go for it? Under an hour for all that my god I would love to get to that speed

Thanks everyone

You should be able to remove it all before it starts to set. If you aren't feeling confident that you will be quick enough, split the upper leg into two halves, left and right.

Roller waxing is very quick, though i find I personally am quick enough with my spatula and prefer it. You could jump straight in and give it a go. Just remember to always put it back in the heater so it's warming up for your next application x

Spatial is more cost effective then roller wax but I do a lot of waxing and clients don't have much time so it's what works for me. Another friend of mine been qualified 25 years she been using only the spatula and is just as quick as me. So it all down to your own technic.

Strip wax won't set , but I only do sections at a time , the other is always covered with a towel to protect client modesty (most my clients are very religious so are not comfortable with exposing both legs upto above knee or whole leg together. So you just have to work out what you and your clients are most happy with.

Latest posts

Back