legal advice on business stalker...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonkers

Reaction score
just wondered if any of you geeks have studied law and can help me, i have an appt with a solicitor on monday regarding a business stalker, basically another therapist sending emails and harrasment to my workplaces, after speaking to the police they have advised me that it is a legal matter now and i do have a case however as i have to wait a few days i thought i would see if anyone had been in a similar situation, this has been ongoing for a few years now and ip addresses etc are going to be traced etc. I have no idea what this person is trying to achieve but it has to stop and i have let it go on long enough. thanks in advance just doing my homework although the solicitors i spoke to have dealt with things like this before and are VERY good at what they do.

No advise to give you hun, although I'll be very interested in how you get on, but I wanted to give you massive :hug::hug: for a horrid situation. xx

Hi I have had ongoing similar problems from a competitor for years. She was warned by the police to keep away from me. She was told that her behavior was not acceptable and that it was harassment. She was warned not to contact me in person, through anybody else, by e mail, by phone or in writing. She continues to try and make my life miserable but at least doesn't contact me in person anymore. I now get anonymous hate mail and threats and obviously I know exactly who they are from! I don't understand why the police won't help you by warning this person that you find her behavior unacceptable and to tell her to stop. The police told me the stages are warning, caution then prosecution. In practice they warned her twice as it was a year apart. I really feel for you if she is anything like the person who has been harassing me. I doubt she will stop, if she has been doing it for some time. She is obsessed with you for some reason and as the police said to me she probably won't ever stop.
Good luck x

well for now the police think its best to go see a solicitor however i will not be dropping it, this individual is clearly threatened by my business and in my eyes pathetic, i have no time for her at all. I really dont understand people like this as i personally love having so many friends that are also beauty therapists, we refer clients to one another. Luckily I have the support of my new salon and they had to laugh at the recent emails received especially as they sent the same one a few times from different names, hardly very intelligent. Im sorry for your experiences too, I read threads on here of so and sos copying me and i just think oh get over it, they are doing popular treatments just as you are, i feel sorry for those that have had images and writing copied as so have i in the past but now i think that this is something completly different.

I personally believe that competition is healthy it keeps us good at what we do. My city is huge so more than enough room for us all.

I have only encountered this when a member of staff joined my salon. I had some sick phone calls regarding her. She was distraught about it.

Horrible behaviour, and you wonder why people do it.

Good luck and keep us posted x

Thanks guys I forgot one of my friends was a policeman he is going to look into it since it's now beyond a joke found out tonight age had sent emails to my old work place too but they just thought she was a nutter too. I just want her to leave me alone and wish the best of luck for their business. Thanks for the support xxx

I justwanted to jump in and say im sorry to hear youre oing through all of this, you have been very generouswith your time for me so i cannot understand why someone would be dping this to you, as you say you wish to help other Bts, keep us posted
x

just wondered if any of you geeks have studied law and can help me, i have an appt with a solicitor on monday regarding a business stalker, basically another therapist sending emails and harrasment to my workplaces, after speaking to the police they have advised me that it is a legal matter now and i do have a case however as i have to wait a few days i thought i would see if anyone had been in a similar situation, this has been ongoing for a few years now and ip addresses etc are going to be traced etc. I have no idea what this person is trying to achieve but it has to stop and i have let it go on long enough. thanks in advance just doing my homework although the solicitors i spoke to have dealt with things like this before and are VERY good at what they do.

Hello lovely!

Sorry to hear your going through this.
Regards to stalking unfortunatly I had a nutter of an ex boyfriend who ended up going to prison for the bother he caused me. 2 years onwards since he went to prison, the first year I got phone calls, text messages, trying to add me on facebook, abuse from his very young girl friend etc, tbh I ignored it like you done but when it got to a year he was still calling me and texting me every day asking when I wanted to get my d and g watch back :-| by then I had no care for it as I assumed he would had sold it!
So I contacted the police and another very kind police officer came round went round there cautioned him and got my watch back, told never to contact me again (even though he had a new girl friend in this whole year), but anyway 2 weeks later some text and calls so now I have a logo book I logo all malicious calls in and texts :-/ though tbh I have given up now as 2 years on it has died down! :)

It's scary because you never know who it is, woman/ man, even your friend! :( I wish you the bestest of luck as you might laugh it off but if he/ she is that much of a nutter think what they may end up doing?

I don't understand people at times,what's her problem??

So she doesn't like you, so what? Why can't she just move on and let it go. All that time and energy she wastes when she could be doing something more positive and constructive. It's sad. :irked:

Hey my lovely I cannot believe some people, you need to keep a track off all accounts. Phone calls times dates what they said keep all emails. If she's emailed your previous employer she be a witness to it all. I know it's abit if a pain but the more you have to back you up the better!

Have you any idea who it is, if you have times and dates of all your calls etc when you find out who it is they will be able to check it against her/him.

Ip addresses and email adds are harder you trace but they will be able to check the details when accounts where set up but unless she's completely stupid she will have used false details. I do mobile beauty but I'm a fraud investigator as my main job and with emails it's harder to trace people how ever I don't think she sounds like a master mind criminal so I'm sure she will have tripped up some where!
Calls are a different ball game they are easier to trace etc so do keep a log and your phone company
will have details off the calls too.

It is a shame that the police can't do more!

Hth xxx

Hi, how awful for you!
I used to work as a receptionist in a solicitors and my boss had a stalker and the police were involved and everytime she would ring up i would have to write down what she said and times etc.
It was quite creepy because she would ring as she was following him in her car and start shouting that she had lost him in traffic and wanted to know where he was going next.
There are some very strange people about and i would go to the police again and try and get them to do something.
And record everything that this person does so as you have a record of what has happened to show the police.
I hope it all gets resolved for you x

Thanks everyone I never had my appt at the solicitors it's going to be next week now as my mum got taken in hospital, she doesn't really make many phone calls it's more emails, she in my eyes is a coward and if she doesn't like me for whatever reason should just confront me, everyone is aware of this sad individual now and most find it very strange but like I said I will not drop this now she had no right to be doing what she is doing is slander and defamation of character the police are now aware if the situation after speaking to someone helpful and keeping an eye on things. I'm looking forward to moving business premises next week and maybe this person will get over her issues. Will keep you updated though, thanks to everyone for support and messages xx

I had a similar situation a few years ago rather than a business stalker it was someone I went to uni with who was hell bent on making my life a misery.

They e-mailed my work, friends, family everyone saying awful things. This was all from my own e-mail as they hacked in and changed my password.

To be honest I was on the verge of a breakdown and the police wouldn't do anything. In the end I managed to shake this person off and a number of years have passed and nothing has ever happened since so people do get bored. I never believed that at the time but it did happen.

Head up and rise above it, people that matter won't listen to that sort of rubbish and to be honest it makes them look pathetic (which they are)

I hope you can take some legal action because I could easily disappear under the radar, but you need you business to get noticed!

Good luck and just be proud at how jealous you have made someone!

Latest posts

Back