Legal Problems ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myallop

Reaction score
Hallo all,

Our girls had a guy come in today who said his wife's nails had fell off after a week since having them done at our studio and he wanted a refund.
She came in and one of the girls said it looked as though she had picked them off because she had "white trauma lines"
We offered, as a goodwill gesture, to put her another set on her but he insists he wants his money back and wants evidence of our "no cash refund" policy.
We don't have anything written down, it is just the way we have always operated.
He has said he will speak to his solicitor, I am not overly concerned but would just like to know if anybody knows the legal situation or has had a similar experience.

Thanks,
Mark .Y.

Hi, I have pm'd you
Cathy

I would have dealt with only the client not her husband for starters..........
The complaint and your work contract is between you and her..........or the Technician who applied the set.......

I would have asked her nicely to sit down and have a good look .......
Checked with her through her record card , as to what the natural nail condition was prior to application, this would have been noted down.........

Also the consultation on length and her activity's and lifestyle, would be written on the Client record card.......

As in for example................ "Advised client on shorter enhancement, but she was adamant on the length and therefor I will not be responsible for any breakages after she leaves" ......... and get her to sign this..............

During the complaint consultation,Trauma lines if present would have been pointed out......... Also the reason for them.............Thats when most clients come clean on how it happend lol !!!

It is sad, but offering a good will gesture like another full set for free, these days will open the discussion to who is to blame................. If you are not to blame then why the offer ??? thats how they client will see it not me or any other Technician..........
I am not saying don't be polite, I am saying be firm and fair.........

She has had them on for a week and then they all pinged off ???
She was due in for rebalance the following week, so my good will gesture would have been..............if it had come to a push...Full Set but at a slight reduced rate and mini solar oil.

In short, if they leave with 10 intakt nails and have not called with a problem within the next few days, not a week later saying they have all come off.......
as they dont all come off at the same time..........

There is usualy some lifting around the edges, then a little help from then and then they come off..............

On the after care leaflet should be a little note stating, " If you expirience any problems, please call us right away and we will fix this immediatley. Please do not wait until your next appointment, as most things will only require a small amount of time to correct...........

On a different note here is a thought........If he wants cash refund, then you want the offending nails back, so you can check for product breakdown.........
Call it a return of goods policy lol.....................

This is just how I do it, firm and smiling xxxxx

Thanks for that Ruth,

Perhaps we need to sit all the girls down and set a procedure along the lines of what you are saying.
The problem with this one is that the guy told the girls that she was "traumatised" and could not face having another set on - it was a situation they had not come across before so bit difficult for them to deal with.

Mark .Y.

hi - i had this same problem last year, but the girl had phoned in after 2 weeks saying they FELL OFF. she threatened me with solicitors and all the rest of it.(i encouraged her to go and see one) i then rang MY solicitor and told him what had happened etc. and he said that SHE DIDNT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON. i wouldnt really worry about this client, they are propably trying to pull a fast one. afterall IF she decided to take you to the small claims court it would cost her a heck of a lot more than the price of a set of acrylics wouldnt it.

keep your chin up.

myallop said:
Thanks for that Ruth,

Perhaps we need to sit all the girls down and set a procedure along the lines of what you are saying.
The problem with this one is that the guy told the girls that she was "traumatised" and could not face having another set on - it was a situation they had not come across before so bit difficult for them to deal with.

Mark .Y.
Did this guy really say she was "TRAUMATIZED"??? You have got to be kidding me!! Are there not more important things going on in the world than to be traumatized by some allegedly "broken nails"??

Latest posts

Back