Legal requirements for sterilization in beauty salons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never thought of that but would a babies bottle steriliser be enough as it sterilises every thing for babies

The baby sterilisers only sanitise (disinfect).
(...another misuse of the word sterilise)

I was talking about this in salon the other day how Milton for baby bottles says it sterilises in 15 minutes which obviously is not correct or hospitals would use this for equipment rather than costly industrial sterilisers.

Think about how much sterilisation goes on in hospitals, and a few grand is hardly a lot of money for a hospital anyway. Think about how much liquid they would go through in a year! It would cost far more to keep buying a product like Milton...

Last edited:
To sterilise you need an autoclave - which uses heat and pressure.

Milton does neither.

Sorry marketing-geek, but that is incorrect.

There are many ways to sterilise, although the use of an autoclave is one of the most common.

Sorry marketing-geek, but that is incorrect.

There are many ways to sterilise, although the use of an autoclave is one of the most common.

Sure, you could use irradiation or VHP, but I'm referring to practical ways in a salon.

Last edited:
Sure, you could use irradiation or VHP, but I'm referring to practical ways in a salon.

Sure, but I was just helping to keep the information on this forum complete & accurate :)

Latest posts

Back