Legislating the industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsXpress

Reaction score
I've just had a phone call, sounded like they said Council, saying they are looking to legislate the hair and beauty industry. Asked a few questions of what I do and then said they would call back on Tuesday. Has anyone else had this, is it a scam? Said his name is Paul and calls are recorded. I'm in manchester area.

Sounds very strange. I'd have thought they'd go through Habia for something like this.

I think when he calls back, if he even does, you should start by finding exactly who they are, what they're doing and why. If you're not happy take a number and offer to call them back if you decide to offer your help/opinion/information.

Do some research on the information they give and if it sounds dodgy contact the council and/or habia.

What sort of information did you give them?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Just that I do nails and beauty, no needles involved at all. He asked if I do Lazer services, microdermabrasion etc. Then said he would call back on Tuesday.

It just seemed a bit odd that the line was very faint, couldn't hear him very well and why not carry on with the discussion, why call again next week?

I'll update you if he calls again or not.

I don't want to alarm you but it could be someone casing the premises, trying to work out how much cash you're likely to have at any one time or if u leave it overnight.

Could be completely innocent but I'd ring the council and see to be on the safe side.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Well the landlord lives in the flat above and would hear if someone broke in. You can actually hear someone sneeze from there!

No cash left anyway, both myself and hairdresser take our money home or bank it.

One thought was that people are chasing him for debts so could have been trying to work out how much he is taking from us, but we only pay him rent anyway.

I will just have to see what happens with the phone call (if it happens) on Tuesday. I may not even take the call if I'm busy or feel that I should talk to them. If i do I will ask exactly who they are and how they got our number etc.

Latest posts

Back