Lemme tell ya about the pedi tool I love!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christie's Nails

Reaction score
I bought a couple of the CND pedi scrubber tools a couple years ago. They are clear plexi-glass with a scrubber screen that you attach. I cannot even remember what CND exactly calls the scrubber tools because I have worn off the words.
But I love this tool! It is the best I have ever used!
I go to the hardware store and buy sheets of the sandpaper screen for $4.00 and cut it into little sections. It ends up costing like 20 cents each or something... so I can just toss each one after each client..take the scrubber apart and clean it.
Just thought I would share one of my favorites with everyone! :thumbsup:

It's called a 'Callus Smoother' and it is awsome!!! :thumbsup:

That is it! lol..I tried to look at it before I posted but like I said before...I wore off all the words! :D

It is great...I give it two thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

use it with Sea Serum - when ever I have my monthly pedi; I have her use the Callus Smoothe with Sea Serum - I have no calluses on my feet at all - I adore having a pedicure - so relaxing.... :trashed: ZZZzzzzzz

I use Callus Eliminator by BeNatural. It works really really good and not as much $$$ as the sea serum. My CND distributor sells it.
The dead skin just disolves...it works great with the smoother.
I am always shopping for quality in relation to cost. I want to use something really good but that is cost effective. That is why I buy the sheets of screen and cut it up for the callus smoother.. if I buy the little screens from CND they are $1.00 each..I cannot afford to throw away after each client at that rate. But 20 cents each is affordable to throw away..
Tough being a nail tech...gotta shop shop shop and compare. People think you make a nice little chunk of change for an hours work, but they do not realize how expensive all the supplies are and how much you have already invested...
Now OPI polish has gone up...lol..don't get me started...now I will go back again and read Geeg's post about raising prices...:ack: .

YOU DON'T HAVE TO THROW THE SCREENS AWAY!!!! :huh: They are fully disinfectable, you just undo - scrub, disinfect and put back - i used mine loads; it must be easier than what you are doing... anyhow - YES opi have put their enamel prices up and so have we HOWEVER - we have salons that retail the enamel out the ying-yang 'cause so many celebs use them over here!! :sunny: they sell RRP for up to £12.00 per bottle which aint bad mark up on £2.95!!! Catch you later!! :tongue:+

PS - Never heard of Callus Eliminator or BENatural?? is it US?? :?

Are they really disinfectable? Isn't there only like one file that passed the test of being disinfected? The one from Rudolph International..black panther or something. I just figured that with all those little nooks and crannies that this was not one of those things that was truly disinfectable...I mean sure it can pass the eye ball test.."looks clean to me". lol But I thought I would be safe and toss em... especially because we are srubbing cruddy feet with them.

I have a client with HIV. As you can imagine I want to be positive that something is clean...not just "pretty sure".

What are the sanitation rules like in the UK? Some states here are more strict than others. I know California was having a time with it...seemed like just about everything that touched the client had to be tossed or kept for the client in a client pack.. I don't know exactly because Hawaii is pretty lax but I just try to be extra safe.

And..
Christie.....Helloooooo

YOU DON'T HAVE TO THROW THE SCREENS AWAY!!!!

don't you go using all caps with me!.....Miss Sweet! ;)

:) :thumbsup: :pig: I swear I wasn't meaning to shout :cus: , I just kept thinking - no you don't HAVE to throw them and no wonder you thought them expensive!! I don't have the box here but I promise they are metal screens and it does say 'fully disinfectable' which is why they are really popular here. If I had a client with REALLY BAD Calluses :puke: , I may get rid of that OR better still, save it for that same client for their next appointment. Once the client has been 'sea serumed' a couple of times (or the product you use), they really shouldn't have any rough skin left - especially if they're coming back monthly :D Regarding your HIV client, you're right - you can't be 'lax' - better to be safe than sorry!!

We teach the 3 methods of sanitation - Sterilize, Disinfect and Sanitise - each one has it's own place within a nail salon but it is disinfection and sanitation that is used most commonly - as we are always saying - WE ARE NOT PERFORMING SURGERY HERE :huh: Hope this has helped a little - maybe Geeg can chime in with some info on the 'Callus Smoother Screens' - !!! ;)

Hi christie...could you post a pic of this callous smoother??...i would like to see if we have them here in SC...thx

Just ask your local CND distributor if they do Spa Pedicure - if they do, they should have the Callus Smoother - it has a really ergonomic acylic handle and comes with a metal screen already attached but you can buy packs of screens - you only tighten the screens on 'finger tight' otherwise the handle can crack!! ;) hope this helps :!:

you know I luv ya! :hic:

My callus smoother broke! The hand part snapped. I have had the other piece break before and have a few spares...but not the handle. Good thing I have an extra...but now I need to buy another cuz I don't have a spare for emergencies...like this. And I CANNOT do a pedi without it! lol

Hey Mrs.. is the screen being sold with the smoother really metal? I got mine about 2 1/2 years ago and at that time the screens were not metal. I do not get to browse in a store to buy my supplies so have not seen any new and improved items. I do not ever see the callus smoother in ads or anything.. I was even worried it had been discontinued one time.

That sucks Christie. Never heard of a handle breaking before.
There are other similar styled smoothers on the market and I have heard of thise breaking. (mainly because they are made of multiple sheets of acrylic whereas the CND ones are single sheet)

The screens are metal and fully disinectable (as much as your pushers are anyway)... infact... the whole thing is... now saying that... stay away from high alhocol containing disinfectants and phenolic disinfectants... those will srew up your smoother (though they should be fine for your screens)

Hope this helps.... ps... who did you bray to break your handle ;) !

Tooodles

okay Sam, let me think...I took the spa mani/spa pedi class with Patty Blanusa ...over two years ago and the screens that were sold with the callus smoother were definitely NOT metal. Have they been upgraded and no one told me??!! What is going on here?? Why was Christie in Hawaii not called directly by Creative and told of this upgrade??? kiddin.. Man am I out of the loop...here I thought I had my finger on the pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back