length

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
Hiya, Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on my little problem.

I have a pretty long face.. but i love long hair.. ((even though it spends most of its day spent shoved up on top of my head in a twist for work))
I get the hair around my face layered and also some at the back for a bit of body.. ((as i have really thin hair)) anyway.. i very rarely get the lenghth cut as that is the part i want to grow.. My hairdresser when she cuts it only ever takes the very tips off, but it just doesnt seem to want to go anywhere! I know that to grow it must be trimmed.. but at what intervals and does anyone perhaps maybe suggest a different approach to having long hair without looking like neil of the young ones..
TFYH

Can't help you with your hair question as I am a nail geek, but just had to ask..... Is that the David Grohl in your avatar with you, if sooo:green::green::green:

Can't help you with your hair question as I am a nail geek, but just had to ask..... Is that the David Grohl in your avatar with you, if sooo:green::green::green:

Yea!!! Photoshop is amazing!! dreams become reality!! ::drools::

Hi Chels

Hair will grow only to a certain lenght then stop. It depends on the stucture of the hair (Jeni Giles can answer this one better than me) on the individual person. I , myself cannot grow my hair out past my bra line..while others can grow it out to their bum.

There are hair products out there that do make the hair grow longer and stronger and get it healthy. But that is not saying you will have hair like Crystal Gayle.. :D
Stimulating the scalp (gently) will induce hair growth.
HtH's some..

You know that makes sense.. because in all my life i have NEVER been able to get it past my bra line.. Unfortunately it is something i REALY want.. a longer length at the back that i can flip (jan brady styles hehe :eek:) So being that its only really at the back would it be advisable to look into extentions.. or perhaps source some hair peices that i can clip on for that special going out moment.. ((although i can see it being ripped off in the mosh pits i frequent..))
I have always been under the impression that extentions do more damage then good.. but more and more people seem to be getting them these days!!
Thanks for the help JD :hug:

You are welcome. I could only explain it in plain simple terms, jeni giles is the one who could probabley give you a more indepth review of it.

Hair extensions in my opinion are not something to take lightly.
Yes they will cause some damage., the extent of it all depends on how the wearer takes care of them and if the professional hairstylist knows what they are doing. And you are going to pay the price for them also.

Glue in ones probabley stay the best for long term wear but cause the most damage. I hear stories of peeps saying how heavy it feels on their scalp and uncomfortable.
There are now clip in ones in hair pieces or strips that look really natural, headband ones..etc. Put it in for that special night out and take it out afterwards..sweet and easy.

Latest posts

Back