Leslie Ash

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste

Reaction score
hi all, did anybody see face to face with lesile ash ? i am a beauty therapist and love wot i do but i dont think i would want to ofer that, done by myself think ill stick with the girls i know that do this, !

Tell us more please??
Any links??

Yeah I agree! I wouldnt do it myself I would much rather have an RGN or DR come in and offer it!

Hey we cant do laser hair removal without the gastapo on our backs but we can jab needles into peoples skin with one days training woohoo!

xx

I think she had a bad press...it wore down after a month or so...jeez you'd think she was a monster the way the press did it!!

there was a Dr offering training in fillers to beauty therapists, dont know how to link things to the site, leslie ash went to see him and sat in on a part of his course,

there was a Dr offering training in fillers to beauty therapists, dont know how to link things to the site, leslie ash went to see him and sat in on a part of his course,
Well....ya get what ya pay for I guess!!
The only people to see are DOCTORS and some registered nurses, she learnt the hard way but at least it wore off. And she isn't too mithered about it from what I've read.
Beauty therapists can't offer this service anymore without the right documents and people...ie docs...nurses.... x

this Dr will train you if you are lev 3 beauty therapist

it was very interesting.
it was debating whether beauty therapists should be able to offer the treatment with the correct training or whether it is a procedure that must only be done by medical staff.
one point was made that beauty staff knew a lot more about the skin and anatomy of the face than medical staff would when they were trained and the trainer in question thought that this gave the beauty therapists the ideal background to be able to learn this procedure.

it also went into the treatment that leslie had recieved. apparently she was given a permanent filler like silicone in the place of a temporary product like restylane. the product had mingled in through all the layers of tissue and muscle and gone hard and that meant it was impossible to remove. though leslie looks nowhere near as bad as she did just after her treatment, there were a lot of closeups on her face and things were definately not at all right. her lip still looks very swollen, not just the actual lip itself, but the entire upper lip area. it reminded me of the look of when as kids you put a bit of orange peel over your front teeth and close your lips around it.

i really warmed to her, she was really honest about her feelings and you could see how this whole thing had affected her emotionally.

SHE FELL FOR THE BULL!!!!
ahem..sorry about that but she was made a scapegoat for all and sundry!!
Ahem.
Sorry but I feel she had a pretty tough time for the sake of what?? 3 months??

I really felt sorry for her, you could tell that she really suffered. Good for her for trying to open the eyes of the niaeve and save them from the torment she went through.

I really felt sorry for her, you could tell that she really suffered. Good for her for trying to open the eyes of the niaeve and save them from the torment she went through.

Exactly!!
I know it wore off but she paid a price for it.
Good on her.

I saw this......

I don't think it has worn off completely!! Leslie ash's lips were still pretty huge, unlike the pictures of before she had the injections.

She had a permanent filler injected incorrectly into a part of her lips that shouldn't of been injected, hence the reason it went wrong!!! and hasn't gone back to normal.

I have looked into doing this in the past and everyone I spoke to said you need to be at a MINIMUM, Nurse qualified.......... After watching this program, I can see why!!!! I don't think I could ever bring myself to inject anyone!! It was quite awful to watch!!!

No, it definately hasn't worn off, her face doesn't look right. When they showed old pics of her, the procedure has definately changed the shape of her lips/mouth. :|

can i just say that the guy that trains level 3 beauty therapists to inject filler is a very knowledgeable guy. I know that for a fact. To be honest i think most beauty therapists are absolutely passionate about their field and also very well informed re skin, muscles expression.etc. Some times more conversant than the doctor or nurse you would trust without thought. I trust Mr Mcgrath, he explains everything thoroughly and simply during his treatments. I have not trained with him as my field is mainly nails. But if I was thinking of going down that route, he is definitely the man i would choose to teach me. He knows his stuff for sure.

I saw this programme and I think it highlighted that even if you are a doctor you can still get it wrong - look at the guy who lost part of his nose!! not mentioning the amount of botched laser treatments from doctors who we automatically think must know their stuff.

I think beauty therapists should be able to inject but only with sufficient training and I mean serious training and practise and are failed if they do not meet the criteria. I also think that a doctor should OK the procedure first. I do think that Mr McGrath had a point when he said that BT are very knowledgeable and are in a good position to do this treatment.

I once read an article written by him and what he said always stuck in my mind - ethics and professionalism are not purely the reserve of the medical profession. :)

Did you know allegedly Eric Cantona carried out a procedure on Miss Ash also.

The one thing I can't understand is why she didn't have a correction procedure afterwards or even now as she still looks rough.

Did you know allegedly Eric Cantona carried out a procedure on Miss Ash also.

The one thing I can't understand is why she didn't have a correction procedure afterwards or even now as she still looks rough.

It explains why in the documentary, the filler is in the skin, muscles etc and will be very difficult to remove, it said it could affect how she eats, smiles, looks etc.

You can rewatch the documentary on ITV website.

I only got to watch this this the other night.

But my feelings are...

You have to be medically trained to carry out these injections...right?

So therefore - you should/must have a great knowledge of the skin and muscles also to carry out these injections too.

I think its ok the doctors saying you must be medically trained or have a nursing qual - ok - but I have come across some bloody dog rough nurses who took my blood - but this makes them more qualified than me? Bollocks.

There is a missing link on both parties - both beauty therapists and nurses. Bt's lack medical knowledge and nurses lack skin and muscle knowledge - and neither of them can be thoroughly taught in a day.

They should all have to train thoroughly for a few months to carry out the treatments for the safety of everyone and don't think beauty therapists should be excluded from carrying these treatments out if they are passionate, experienced and knowledgable i.e advanced therapists.

I don't wish to carry out these treatments by the way - but I hate the way beauty therapists are excluded. (I am not talking about someone who has just qualified in waxing - I am talking about a full service beauty therapist who does electrolysis/ advanced and highly advanced skin treatments).

Latest posts

Back