Let down for a 3rd time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leely

Reaction score
I have been let down for the 3rd time with regards to renting a beauty room.

I am starting to think going back to full time office work will be better for me.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

xx

Where are you? I've got a room to rent in Bromley

When we were leasing our Training Academy it took ages for the paperwork to come through even though we had paid for 2 years rental in advance!!! Know what you mean, it can be very frustrating when people drag their feet, especially when they have your money!!!

AAAAh!!

I don't have an answer but sorry to hear this.

I maintain that regarding room rental and employment, it can be hard to find the right match because not everyone does things as well as they could be done. I say this because it's important not to take it personally and blame yourself.

Hope you find something soon.

Thank you LauraKate :)

I have started to think its me :(

1st place, they wanted me self employed but wanted to tell me hours and days i could work, they wanted to tell me prices i could charge also. Then when i questioned this and said i would be self employed so would be able to charge my prices and not their's they then said they had changed their mind

2nd place, room was only big enough for nails and threading. I also offer tanning and massage. They wanted me to do a trade test with my products and they were not going to pay me for the 4 treatments they had booked in for me.

3rd place, was going to be a beauty room out the back of a tattoo shop as i would have done semi perm make up in a few years. The manager offered to pay for everything (which i never asked them too) it then turned out that the landlord had not paid the bill for water or electric for this room so the room came with huge debts. Then when we had managed to sort this all out the manager stopped answering my calls and emails. They have now offered the room to another tattooist.

I really wanted to do my beauty work full time, as its what i love and enjoy. But looks like i will have to go back to office work and try and save money for a place of my own.

I'm gutted :( xx

Hi Leely. I know exactly how you feel. I have been trying to find a room for ages as well. Have you tried putting an add on Gumtree? I put a post on my business page the other day and have had a couple of salons contact me about rooms which I'm going to see next week. It is disheartening but don't give up, the right room in the right salon will be out there. X

Hi Leely. I know exactly how you feel. I have been trying to find a room for ages as well. Have you tried putting an add on Gumtree? I put a post on my business page the other day and have had a couple of salons contact me about rooms which I'm going to see next week. It is disheartening but don't give up, the right room in the right salon will be out there. X

I have posted an ad about 3 days ago on gumtree. There has been 1 view :(
I had notices a
Salon wanting a nail tech only so I called them. Then found out it was the first place I started 3 yrs ago and they have changed the salon name. I won't be going back there as quite a lot of my property was stolen and they never opened up on time so I lost a lot of money.

I am going to go through the yell.com on Monday and call all hairdressers within 10 miles from me and see how that goes :) xx

Hi Leely, is there no chance that you could set up at home or go mobile, at least until a place comes along ?

Hi Leely, is there no chance that you could set up at home or go mobile, at least until a place comes along ?

I have set up at home, but my spare room is only big enough for me to do nails, I offer massage, spray tanning and threading. So I really need a bigger space.
Plus my landlord has now decided I am no longer allowed to do this :( as we private rent.
I had stopped doing mobile but might have to re-start it. Working from home was easier as I have 2 small children xx

Latest posts

Back